Giants interested in mangold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Jonotthan...JONOTTHAN!!!
    [​IMG]

ukjetsfan likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not as sad as Laveranues.

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Don't mean to denigrate his service. He was an excellent player. I recall some years ago the Jets were playing the Ravens. One of the first plays of the game was a run by Martin. Just after Martin was brought down and away from the action, Mawae put a hit on Ray Lewis that knocked him on his keester. It was clearly meant as a message that the Jets were there to play tough, and they did for most of the game, until, the Jets being the Jets, ended up losing that game on an Ed Reed interception and runback for TD of a halfback pass thrown by Lamont Jordan. I'm just saying that that is the kind of fiery leadership I think was missing from Mangold.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So they gave a non guaranteed 1 year contract to a guy that started 19 games at center 2014-2015 and then played every position on the line last year for a Colts O line that couldn't keep people healthy. What is the problem you have with there being competition in camp?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Seriously? You answered it yourself and there is a reason that a team that bad didn't sign him too.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I answered it myself? That you have a problem with camp competition? That he can play every spot on the line, a pretty good skill set? That he started 19 games at center the '14 and '15 seasons but was unseated by a 1st round pick?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I can't see Mangold beating Richburg for the center spot. Chances are he moves to one of the guard positions. Will be interesting to see where he plays.