Getting to MetLife from Westchester (1st game)

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 52istheMike, Aug 14, 2013.

1. 52istheMike

52istheMike New Member

Hello All,

I just got tickets vs Patriots in October. Ive never been to a Jets game and I'm finally making it happen. What the best way to get there for a 1pm game? Is mass transit preferable or is driving the way to go? What are the lots like and can I get away with a case of beer, throwing some back in the lot before the game? When do tailgates start?

Thanks!

:pats_suck:

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://www.metlifestadium.com/directions.php

3. 52istheMike

52istheMike New Member

Thanks for the info. I see a lot of of options there. I was hoping some folks on an exclusively Jets message board would have opinions preferential to one type of transit or another. I've heard road traffic is a nightmare; particularly trying to leave the area after a game. Are there any seasoned game patrons who prefer a certain way for any reason? Is mass transit an easier day than the drive from westchester, etc? Is it an in inconvenience not having a car/tailgate, or is it totally worth saving that $50 parking fee and fuel?

Thanks again!

4. jetbo

jetbo Member

westchester to metlife

It's a totally personal thing. But you still have the expense of train tickets, plus at least 2 train changes each way.

If you wait 1 hour after the game to drive, it's not so terrible getting out of the parking lots.

5. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

Since it's your first game, I'd suggest public transportation to the stadium. That should make it as easy and stress free as possible for you. The trains running out of Penn are great for the 1 PM games. The ride home may take a little longer since the "transfer" back to NYC at Secaucus never seems to be as smooth as the one getting to the game but at that point I'm guessing you'll be too hyped up (or intoxicated if that's your thing) to notice the longer wait. I'd also suggest picking up a few roadies for the train ride and pre-game as well. You may also want to ask around and see if anyone you know will be at the tailgating. You can always offer to bring a few things and join them at their tailgate and get the complete game day vibe going!