Gary Horton comments on JETS ( ESPN Chat )

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DrShrinker, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

ESPN Chat with Gary Horton regaring the Jets QB dilema...

Gary Horton: (11:26 AM ET ) I think they will be actively involved in trying to figure out the QB situation in the draft but they have the advantage of looking at Leinart, Young and Cutler, who are all solid prospects. That gives them some wiggle room and they have some players like Abraham to use in a trade situation if they want to move up, or even down if they like Cutler. I think they can make a move if they want to. But I'm very curious as to whether they want to start over with a rookie QB in a city that is not very patient. Maybe they go after a trade for Patrick Ramsey or Brian Griese with the feeling they have a good supporting cast and other needs in the draft.

2. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

What does everyone assume Jets fans would rather have mediocrity than a true franchise QB? This kind of garbage is getting old.

3. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I would say Giant fans have shown patience with Eli Manning. In fact, jet fans would rally around a new, young QB just as they did with Chad.

4. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Anyone on this board could have written that article. Blah Blah Blah

5. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

I agree. Just think, this guy is getting paid six figures to do what we do for nothing!

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

definitely.

and, eventually, you have to start with a new, young QB anyway. we may as well do it now when we're in a whirlwind of reconstructive turmoil.

cheers

7. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

The same ol, same ol is getting real old. We are cutting people left and right. Some due to age, some due to cash. There is WAY too much talk on this board about signing this FA or that. It is definate that we are starting over so why would we want Greise or Collins or Culpepperor or Kitna. These guys arent our future. If we're not keeping some of the guys we already have then I seriously doubt we will sign too many retreads.