Garbage posts in main forum.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by tgd666, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tgd666

tgd666 Member

This board has always been a great source of information, but over the last year I've noticed how ignorant so many posters have become.

You open any thread, and you can get 20 replies all calling the poster stupid, making fun of him, stupid pictures, etc.

Who cares if someone makes a dumb threaD? Don't click it. Don't waste your time replying. Every thread usually has some sort of merit, and if it doesn't, it'll get pushed off the first page.

So whya re mods tolerating this?

I feel like 40% of the threads I click are just full of people posting stupid answers to the original thread starter.

2. tgd666

tgd666 Member

Case in point :

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42830

Who cares if it's a stupid thread. Why do you keep bumping it, and why do we allow blatant abuse of the thread starter?

Don't like it, don't post. Enough of htis gang of shitty posters just hanging out in a thread. There is a forum for that.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

trashtalking....

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Dumb threads belong to dumb posters, which in turn deserve to be ridiculed to the umpteenth degree. Its hard to tell if a thread is truly going to be dumb before you click it too. BTW, dumb thread.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i see the "crybabies" have come out of the woodwork too.....lucky us.

6. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

How can you tell others to ignore dumb threads, then complain instead of taking your own advice and move on to something else?

7. tgd666

tgd666 Member

So if it's a dumb thead, what's the point in bumping it to no end with mindless insults and stupid pictures? So that good threads get pushed down the the bottom of the page?

8. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Isn't there a soup kitchen that needs some volunteers somewhere? Maybe some trash on the side of the freeway that needs to be cleaned up?

Why are you making this your crusade? There are much more useful things you could do to make the world a better place. You do care, don't you? Or are you just trying to be a dick? Hmmm...

9. tgd666

tgd666 Member

I'm actually trying to see why this forum is allowing everyone to BE a dick.

I've been here since 2004, and it wasn't always like this. Over the last 2 seasons, it's like everyone just reverted to being a grade 8.

10. greenblood2012

greenblood2012 New Member

it's weird on free agent friday that we're even discussing this... jets football anyone?

11. tgd666

tgd666 Member

I opened every therad on the main page, and here are some highlights at the time of this post. 23 threads total. (ignored the 'moved' threads)

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42939
    - First two threads add nothing to the conversation, mocking the original poster.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42937
    - One legitimate post, 4 posts mocking the thread starter

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42936
    - First 3 posts are just jokes

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42794
    - The rat pack being 'funny' again in a thread

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42843&page=2
    - Says 'Gord' instead of 'Guard', thread de-railed

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=42803
    - First 3 replies are ignorant, thankfully regular people take over

6/23 threads are complete garbage, not because of the thread starter, but because people can't seem to pass on the opportunity to call someone an idiot.

Look if you wanna let this continue go ahead, once in a while someone says something funny, but all of these threads should be moved ot a different forum. They are just clouding up the main forum, and really reducing the quality of this messageboard.

BOLDED SOLUTION FOR THE SLOW THINKERS

- These threads, due to the ignorant posts by TGG members no longer belong in the main forum
    - Either delete the ignorant responses, or move the entire thread to a different forum so that at least the havoc is expected

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Mods, please, for the love of god, move this somewhere people will notice and feel very reprimanded.

I apologize for having my sense of humor, I was born with it. Its a horrible deformity of character; my parents tried to keep me locked in the attic, but I killed them and got away.

That must be true, because everything here has to be soooo seeeriiiiooouuusss.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

all of those threads could have gone into existing threads. everyone wants to have their own thread though. i know they taught you in kindergarten that there are no dumb questions, but that was a lie. same goes for threads on message boards.

14. tgd666

tgd666 Member

Please re-read my proposed solution.

15. tgd666

tgd666 Member

a) Most of the posters aren't funny
    b) My solution is to move these 'funny' posts into a different forum. They just stink up the main forum, make this messagebaord seem like a gaggle of eigth graders, and make it hard to find legitimate threads AND posts.
    c) Re-read my solution. I dont' see how this affects your sense of humour. It seems like it would work for both of us.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

So basically you are saying you support stupidity? Thanks for clearing that up.

17. tgd666

tgd666 Member

It's like you didn't even read anything I wrote. I don't know what else I can say.

It's the opposite. By constantly posting in and bumping stupid threads, YOU GUYS are supporting stupidity. Now legit threads are found halfway down the page, while the stupid ass ones have 5 pages of replies.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The moderators and administrators are supposed to promote good conversation. Are the posters who go after thread starters like that a little overzealous? Yes. Do we wish that some people would calm down sometimes? Sure, but at the same time, most of the threads that you point out have ridiculous subjects and don't promote good conversation.

I like to lead by not leading. I believe in free speech and letting people say what they have to say. When it gets personal or blatantly violates the rules, then I'll take action, but this board's been around for a while, and it has a personality of its own. I'm not going to ruin that by banning everyone who mocks the thread starter who posts something that's been repeated time and time again in other threads. The thread should have never been made in the first place. The board moderates itself in ways, but we always hold the final say if things get out of hand.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This part you're right about, and it's the worst part about attacking stupid threads.

20. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

You're stupid.

[​IMG]