G?NO!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No expectations of winning a game, no pressure to do anything but be respectable and Smith starts out well with a few completions and a short scramble. Of course that was just setting the table for a fumble and an interception. Four for seven, even though better than Fitzpatrick, is not what anyone is looking forward to when combined with the fumble and interception. The only thing he did not do that we had gotten used to with him on the field is backpedal for a twenty yard loss under limited pressure.

What is the situation with Petty? Is he healthy enough to suit up? When the next time comes for Fitzpatrick to have a seat can't we see what Petty can bring to the table instead of rehashing what Smith can't?

2. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

To be honest the the fumble was a bad play, he should have moved out of the pocket but he hasnt played in a year and was thrown into a bad situation. The interception wasnt even an inaccurate throw it was just a All-Pro Defensive MVP runner up vs a 7th round rookie, peake could have made a play on the ball but he didnt an honey badger did.

not that either QB is great but at least Geno moved the ball and looked calm doing it. He should have started the half.

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

There's a reason we are carrying 4 QB's and it's not because Petty was injured. He was never getting that #2 QB spot. You'd have to reasonably expect Geno starts a couple games before Petty ever gets a chance. Not to mention he just started practicing last week.

4. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

lol at being able to take anything away from Geno being inserted into that shit show. I get it, Geno isn't very good but good lord at least be reasonable. Beyond embarrassing Bowles trotted Fitz out for the 2nd half.

rohirrim665 and FJF like this.
  5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to jump on Geno, can't really put too much into it in that particular situation. How he handled himself on the sidelines is unsurprisingly unprofessional, however. I can not wait until he is off this team.

NY Jets68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Bullshit, he was the only player who looked like he gave a crap tonight thy we were losing. I'd rather a player show emotion than play grab ass while down three touchdowns.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ghost50 likes this.
  7. rohirrim665

Have it your way, I won't argue with you, but I'll strongly disagree. The guy has handled himself like a child the entire time he has been here and is a total embarassment as far as I am concerned. With that being said, I think he should start next week. That's saying a lot about Fitz.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  8. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I ABSOLUTELY agree here. I Dont know how many of you played any kind of organized sports or even play video games competitively or semi-competitively or litterally do anything competitive... getting beat down and then being happy about it is fucked IMO. I want the players to be pissed off that they are 1-5, the fact that geno gets the least amount of respect of any player on this team yet shows the most passion and emotion out of anyone is pretty messed up.

9. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Geno managed to fumble and throw an int in one drive which is something not even Fitzpatrick has managed to dial up on the quarterbacking chart of terribleness.

Fitz and Geno shouldn't have roster spots.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I know I love seeing players getting paid $10m+, play like ass, and not care. That's how I want my players to act!

Fans who are okay with that but not with a player showing emotion over his teammates and coaches mailing it in deserve this shit-tier team.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. Ralebird

I'd be jumping in with both feet if I felt for one minute that his sideline demeanor was based on what the team was doing rather than what the quarterback was doing.

12. rohirrim665

Seriously. The guy could give a shit about the team. You have got to be kidding me defending this guy, especially after he has shown his true colors so many times over the years. Literally no teammate has ever had his back except for when Marshall first came to the team, and that was blind optimism and his eccentric personality.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fitz's trash play is much more of an issue than Geno being "antsy"

0 TD/ 9 INT 47% Completion in the 4th qtr but let's cry about Geno I guess

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  14. King Koopa

Who cares at this point though? I'm not sticking up for Geno but Fitz is so bad that this is even an issue

15. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

It's not a seesaw. One of them sh*tting everywhere doesn't make the other better.

16. rohirrim665

Hahaha! Poor Geno! He gets no respect! That's laughable. If you think I'm defending Fitz you are wrong. I'd rather Geno start than Fitz, though I don't understand why Petty wouldn't be ready to at least get a look.

17. King Koopa

Geno is immature we all get it....But damn man, he must be thinking WTF do I have to do to get in there at this point

NFL players on the bench just sitting there watching the starter at their position eat shit game after game.....of course they're going to have that attitude. Geno's problem is talking about it clearly

18. Ralebird

So you'd rather have a shit quarterback that nobody on the team gets along with than a shit quarterback that his teammates would go to war with?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. King Koopa

At this point in the season I just don't wanna see Fitz anymore...he's absolutely pathetic

I don't care about all that....the players all loved getting Fitz back and what has that got us? Just another embarrassing season

Season's over anyway

20. Ralebird

So you really are saying you want to watch a self centered pouting shit quarterback whose teammates can't stand him. You're not going to find a lot of supporters for your boy around here.

Red Menace likes this.