Freind of mine playing in the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Wolfe Tone, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

My old freind Jon Ryan is now signed as a punter by the Green Bay Packers, He was amazing in the CFL and his average would have been above average for the NFL last season, good luck to him. I have known him since he was 12, played lacrosse together on Team Sask. with him for 4 years, great guy and was always an amazing athlete, could have played DIV 1 Lacrosse in NCAA, also played as a callup for the WHL as a goaltender,

In other news about my freinds down south, David Mitchell, who I played lacrosse with for 2 seasons, is lighting it up for Cornell Big Red, leading the Division 1 NCAA School to a 3 win and 0 loss record to date. Mitchell has tallied a total of 13 goals and 1 assist in the 3 wins posted over Binghamton, Notre Dame, and Army.

Its good to see some freinds getting to make it big on the other side of the border, and yes I realize their is a spelling mistake, I did not look at it before I submitted

#1 Wolfe Tone, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Nice. I really like LaCrosse, but a sport I REALLY dig is Jai Alai. It's like Dodgeball meets Tennis meets Death Race 2000. Crazy. Obviously a lot of skill is involved. People get killed playing, a horrible downside, so you have to be extremely proficient to play at all. My adoptive father was born in Buenos Aires, but he worked in the garment industry in NYC, so that was comprised of folks of Jewish descent or various Hispanic backgrounds, the latter who used to go nuts for it. The Soccer faction vs. the Jai Alai faction.
    [​IMG]
    It's huge in FL, and I also think TX. Mexico of course. Cuba. Central America. Wait...
    http://www.texasjai-alai.com/
    There ya go.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jai Alai is like spectator suicide.

4. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

That looks intense, thanks for the link

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sure. Hey, abyz, I thought it was only legal in CT & FL, but I just noticed that's a TX link. Do you go to see it or is it like Fight Club or something? Hehehe.

6. jetfaninwisconsin

in a sense, its good for your friend, but then again i kinda feel sorry for him. The packers arent going anywhere, but I guess any team is a good team. Just dont expect the playoffs or anything...

7. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

A buddy of mine plays on the PGA tour and one of my best friends is also his caddy.

8. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Yeh he is just escited to be in the NFL, I know already he is a little dissapointed because he always dreamed of playing WR, even in the CFL but I guess a ticket to the big show is still a ticket to the Big Show

9. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Really, thats cool, who is it, was it a high school buddy

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

that's cool man, he's got a shot at beating out BJ Sander...

:)

11. wexy

wexy Member

Thats fun, I had a friend that pitched for the Texas Rangers and when they came to town, I met him at the Stadium. I had a friend that played for the NBA Bucks but his career lasted only 10 games and I knew Willie Randolph's brother Terry who played a season with the Packers.

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see him play.

12. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Yeah. DJ Trahan. Second year on tour. Having a tough time so far this year. We hung out with same circle of friends when he moved to Spartanburg. His caddie is one of my best friends. He just stayed with me for a week for the Honda Classic down here. They didn't make the cut, so we were drunk all week.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like they're still trying to get it established here, but I'd definitely go check it out. Nothing like seeing a man's head smashed apart Phantasm-style by a little ball.

14. jetfaninwisconsin

Whod you know from the bucks?

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

My brother played against the Harlem Globetrotters on European and South American Tours.

He's white.

He lost alot.