Free Agency

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 8, 2006.

1. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

arrington is overrated, he won't be here, he's not a team player, he runs around and does what he wants, he can't play within a system...why do you think greg williams and marvin lewis both hated him

he's not a pass rusher either (aka not a 3-4 willie mcginest), and he'll go to who ever offers the most money anyway (i doubt we even so much as make contact with him)

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

FYI

cap for 2006 $102 mill. 2007 $109 mill

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I loved Lloyd in college and I like him with the 9ers but they gave him the higheste tender possible meaning unless you wanna give a a #1 for Lloyd he's not going anywhere....

4. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

Arrington is a huge injury liability

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't touch Arrington unless he came dirt cheap, and I doubt that.

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

No way we can afford an Arrington salary

7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

If I'm the Jets I would go hard after Bentley. He's the one FA in this pool that can really help us long term.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

My cap site shows us at 11M under the 94.5M cap, so if they raise the cap to 102 or 104M, we'll gain 7.5 or 9.5 more.

You can want exact #s all you want, the fact is you'll never get them. Even Clayton is guessing.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Is that including Abraham's $8.3M number?

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I want Trevor Pryce badly. BADLY! Trade Abe to Detroit, and sign Pryce to take his place. Yeah, that'll work.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yes...Everything I've read has Abe's Franchise # included in the cap

12. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

so if he is gone that means thats 8.3 mill off our 18-23 mil space?? .. that would be great ..

we can sign Mawae, Ty Law, Junior Seau, Issac Bruce, Sam Adams, Mike Anderson and were set!! lol lol Just kiddin

i do hope we get Bentley Arrington and that guy putzier ...

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Not every team can get a top player at his respective position...like a Woodson, Bentley, Brees, James, Lewis, Adams, Witherspoon, Peterson etc...

Personally i'm with Drew. I would love to get Andre Dyson. Not the flashy star name in the market such as CWood, Law, Madison, Allen, not saying they're stars, but they are getting more publicity and Dyson.

Dyson to me is a very good #2 Corner, would love to get a signing like that, a solid player with good speed and young as well.

14. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Yea I would like to pick up Dyson to help our CB position out, then Bentley if we could. Dont want Lavar hes a bum thats the nicest way to put it. I wouldnt mind David Givens if Cotch or Jmac cant step up.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Get All of these guys...All them would come fairly cheap and could contribute. Obviously we wouldn't get them all, but I would target them all if I was the Jets...

TE Jeb Putzier-He can start on our team and play every down.

LB Derek Smith- He is 31, but he has been a very consistent LB and would bring some veteran leadership to our young defense.

OT Kevin Shaffer- He is young, experienced and blocked for one of the best running teams in the NFL.

NT Either Larry Tripplett or Ma'ake Kemoeatu...both have played very well against the run...Tripplett is a little bit better against the pass and Ma'ake is better against the run...either one would be great...both young and experience.

Safety Tank Williams or Will Demps are both fairly young and both very experienced. They would be great backups or starters...someone needs to compete with Erik Coleman.

QB Jon Kitna- it looks like we will eventually trade for Patrick Ramsey, but if that falls through I would love Kitna to come in and battle with Chad and hopefully tutor a rookie QB...

All of these guy would be good because...

-They would be not too exspensive
    -experienced
    - and most are young

16. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Lecharles Bentley would be a nice pick up but it will cost us a lot. I still think we can get Mangold in the draft. Scheffer the T from atlanta could be our RT.

17. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Do your research before coming up with dream scenarios...Derek Smith re-signed with the 49ers days ago

18. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

so did larry tripplett

19. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I like your group of players but it is unlikely we go after all of them, we can definitly fill some holes with the draft.

20. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

And saying that Schaeffer played for one of the best running teams is a little jaded considering they have Vick doing alot of the damage. He really wouldn't fit what we need(a big force in the ground game to play RT).

Also - I don't understand why Coleman needs competition? I thought he did a great job and will only continue to develop. You didn't like him?