Fournette vs Cook

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Feb 3, 2017.

?

Fournette vs Cook

1. Fournette

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. Cook

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Fournette should not be described as a me first type of player. After South Carolina was flooded due to a bad storm, the game was moved to LSU since USC couldn't handle hosting the game. After that game, LF auctioned off his game worn jersey and donated all of the proceeds to USC. During spring practice, he suffered a high ankle sprain and rushed back to play in the opener against Wisconsin. He was going to play in the bowl game against Louisville, but he was held out of that game by the head coach.

King Koopa likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Apparently, news reports have just come out that Fournette's coach was the one who convinced him to sit out the bowl game.

cgrec likes this.
  3. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Where?? I see a lot of fournette bullying defenders

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

The auction is a nice gesture. But that is all he really has. I think he is a me first and has a huge head. Like I said, he thinks he is the greatest there is.

He doesn't show up in big games and he has injury issues. He will be the 1st RB taken off the board but to me it is night and day between him and Zeke. That is comparing them coming out of school. Fournette plays for himself. Do you take someone like that top 5, top 10? It is a hell of a lot easier when they have the demeanor and character to boot.

There are no questions surrounding Cook. Fournette turns it on when he feels like it. He sat out nearly half his last year. Does he have passion for the game? Does he just want that fat contract? Fournette has ?s around him. Cook doesn't.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think you are totally wrong. He sat out because he had a high ankle spring. That can take 6 weeks to heal or longer.

6. Martin&theJETS

I don't know. I just don't get a good vibe from him. I mean he has every right to be cocky. #1 HS player in the country, he was called the next AP before he even played a snap in college. I'm just not fond of him. Something seems off and I have always thought he is overrated. 2015 was great, but this year a total flop. Call it what you want, yes it was an injury. However, he injured the same ankle 4 times and probably should have missed the entire season. He is entering the draft because of injury concerns.

When he had the opportunity to show what he was truly worth in this last season his body couldn't hold up. I will not be upset what so ever if the Jets take him. I'm just a big Cook fan and I like the Gators... (that should say something). Fournette will be a solid player. I won't mind it at all. I just like Cook better.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

You've clearly never had a high ankle sprain.

You've made a lot of baseless statements in this thread but saying that he's entering the draft because of injury concerns may take the cake.

You don't have to attack fournette to build up cook

9. Martin&theJETS

1. I have
    2. I mean he is entering the draft because his stock is good and he doesn't want to risk an injury that could lower it, and he just so happened to miss a big chunk of last season because of it. Just wait and see if he is healthy enough pre-draft to showcase everything.

10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I think we won't take neither of this guys , I will be disappointed if we take Mike Williams over this guys tho, if they go defense wich I prefer it's alright but not a slow WR

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well if they don't Watson or Mahomes at #6, and they don't take either Fournette or Cook, they had better be taking Howard.

b.reyes16 and nicg4360 like this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I see that too. If he wasn't doing that in the first place, there wouldn't be so many business decisions being made.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call Mike Williams slow. I'd be surprised if didn't run in the 4.5 range.

14. legler82

James White's Super Bowl performance should tell us why a guy like Cook is more valuable than Fournette in the current NFL.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fournette is fast too though...I honestly think he could be like Adrian Peterson

Pats system is more the reason anyway...James White comes to the Jets and he's not better than Powell

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What this should prove is that it's the SYSTEM, not the players, that is the secret. The Jets haven't had a system since Weeb Ewbank (andbriefly under Parcells).

17. legler82

Adrian Peterson is never going to catch 14 passes in a game. White, Powell and Cook can.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

If they went the WR route I'd be disappointed if they took Williams over Corey Davis

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

RB are the last piece to a rebuild, not the first. If Jets took a RB that high given there situation it would be a disaster of epic proportions. Can't believe there are so many in favor of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member