Four Jacksonville players arrested in London

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TonyFtLaud, Oct 28, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...-jaguars-players-detained-london?platform=amp

safety Barry Church, cornerback D.J. Hayden, safety Ronnie Harrison and safety Jarrod Wilson -- were arrested after running up a 50 k pound bill(64k US) and trying to leave without paying.
    They got into an altercation with bouncers and were arrested and held for 9 hours. The club owner agreed to drop charges after the bill was paid.
    The Jags say all discipline will be handled internally.
    All players except Hayden who was already ruled out do to injury.

Imagine if this had happened with the Jets?

Harpua likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We would never hear the end of it on national media. This is exactly why Mac is trying to get a culture change and bring in more strong leader type players. Jacksonville needs to step up and get rid of some if not all of these guys.

Walt White and Leicester Jet like this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

The 3 that we're healthy started this morning.
    Can you imagine the criticism of Bowles if it had been the Jets.
    But we should have hired Marrone....
    It will be interesting to see how the league handles it. They are investigating heavily in London and this is a real black eye. Getting much more publicity over there.
    Some how I blame Woody.....

Walt White, BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Let’s look at the whole picture shall we. If Bowles had coached the team to the championship game I’m sure the board would have been supportive of him and not have blasted him.

That’s why Rex got so much leeway as Jets HC until the losing just became too much.

If Bowles ever gets this team to the championship game or just a wild card for that matter, is it ok to set a Wild Card game as a goal for this team?

He will have plenty of support from the fans and you know it.

I’m willing to wait and see what the facts are of this Jags issue before I kill Marrone.

Im sure the league will fine them, not even sure what constitutes a violation of the personal conduct policy with the NFL anymore.

5. TonyFtLaud

I think a portion of the fan base would give him support, I'm equally sure a portion would not. I have never seen fans hope for losses , not for draft position but in hopes it gets the coach fired, not want to add talent ( because it would make the coach look better ) via wins anywhere but on Jet forums.
    There's obviously more to the big picture, but it's a can of worms that doesn't need to be opened.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Odd way of homering for Toilet B Tony.."Imagine if.." such and such happened to Jets players and Bowles is the manager in charge,,he would be criticized

Like Menace said FYI Todd got himself in this position ALL on his own. This just has nothing to do with Doug Marrone the football coach and HIS ability

The example here is just comparing apples and oranges..IE Bowles the football coach and game planner VS reckless behavior by some bad players

31 other Teams also have hoodlums ...so what ? Forward this post to R Goodell

7. TonyFtLaud

Are you honestly telling me if this same thing happened involving the Jets, the media and many fans, yourself included would not be blaming Bowles directly for the actions of those players?

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sure. Just like posters on the Jags forum are currently blaming Marrone. Though the media would be harder on Bowles and the Jets because we don't deserve as much benefit of the doubt and we're a bigger market.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That team is circling the drain..... I wish they were out at the strip club the night before I sat through that game in JAX :confused:

Local news should be entertaining this week (and I'm guessing a bit different from their usual super homerness (which isnt really that bad imo)

CBG and TonyFtLaud like this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I know when I blow sixty grand in a strip club on a business trip I usually get an earful about it.

CBG, stinkyB and TonyFtLaud like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahaha. Talk about dine and dash. That is so scummy. Too bad is wasn't the Cheats.

Leicester Jet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

From NYJets012
    "31 other Teams also have hoodlums ...so what ? Forward this post to R Goodell"
    Point is, if it were the Jets he and others would be posting that it's directly Bowles fault. Since it's not the Jets, it's just every day in the NFL. Right. So what , every team has hoodlums.
    Don't think there's a double standard?

13. NYJetsO12

Bowles has no discipline...just look at his track record. Here he would get some criticism yes but only deserve some but not all the blame.

When Donahue drove his car the wrong way in Linc Tunnel no one was blaming Bowles

As a coach he is LAX on and off the field Remember Mo not attending team meetings??

14. NYJetsO12

Two wrongs don't make a right Tony ..theyALL deserve discipline...it's a league issue too..so that was my point with Goodell

Imo Coaches are different...Belichek and Reid would have them off the team

Let's see what Marrone does....and he SHOULD do something

15. TonyFtLaud

Belichick would put them off the team if they were expendable. He has kept and signed some of the most flawed players, anything to win. Hernandez, multiple shootings at Florida, violence in camp, attacked Welker in a team meeting. But he was productive.
    Didn't he also sign Dante Stallworth after his dui manslaughter?
    Bowles doesn't have control of the roster. If players Should be cut, that's on Mac.
    I hate Bowles as a coach. But as I have said, there is more than enough to dislike about him. Not everything is on him.
    The Donahue incident happened in the off-season if I remember correctly. So he was not around the team, had been on IR prior too.
    Now I agree Marrone Shoud do something. He didn't yet, because he needed them today. That's the nature of the NFL.
    If fans want to criticize Bowles for his shortcomings, great.
    But don't say( not you all fans) Marrone or Belichick would bench, cut a player for something a Jet player did when they have kept signed worse.

#15 TonyFtLaud, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They're used to getting star treatment here. I doubt it's the first time they've done it.

They don't really like NFL football over there so chances are good the people who work there didn't know who these guys are.

I wonder if those guys even know what a pound is. LOL

What happened to that team? What a collapse.