Former Jet Joe McKnight Killed

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Dec 1, 2016.

1. isired

isired New Member

Yeah, that was an example - witnesses talk about the location of the shooter, police talk about exit and entry angles and location of the shell casings. Different ways of getting the same type information.

We agree on that, it should have no part in the investigation. It only serves to make the Sheriff look petty, vindictive and defensive, which of course makes it look like he's hiding something (not saying he is, but that's what the natural and common deduction is). Only affects his community relations function though, shouldn't harm the investigation. Except maybe if witnesses feel less inclined to come early forward.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Do you think prospective witnesses are analyzing the sheriffs remarks on trajectory and entry angles, then do calculations on where the shooter had to be standing to then make a statement? The sheriff knew what he could and could not say to avoid jeopardizing the investigation, he didn't make the statement at the beginning of the news conference so if he did even make the statement it more than likely had to do with a specific focus of the investigation or maybe a question asked by a journalist, not the entire investigation.

Actually we don't agree on this, I said it has nothing to do with the investigation and the claim "the investigation was a comedy of errors". I have no problem with him exposing anonymous trolls. How you come up with him looking like he is hiding something is just far reaching to say the least.
    Obviously from the look of things with community leaders and clergy meeting with him and standing with him he looks to have a pretty good grasp on his relations with the community.

3. isired

isired New Member

If you were a witness that hadn't yet come forward you would know from the Sheriff's statements that his mind is made up - for example - the shell casings were in the car, and the shooter says he was in the car, so the shooter was in the car. Those are the type of things you don't say. You don't want to show that your mind is made up, less than 24 hrs after the shooting. Again, for example, you probably wouldn't have lab results back yet on the casings to show if they had been moved; Angle of entry alone is not definitive proof of the shooters location; etc.

As far as the anonymous trolls, we do agree on that - they are anonymous trolls. I'd like my Sheriff to be above addressing them, and giving them a mass media forum. He's not going to stop them by taking them from Twitter and putting them on national broadcast media, that's for sure. I'd like my Sheriff to be aware of that, and have some clue how to control, rather than inflame, a situation.

FlaJet likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You're ignoring that the police interviewed witnesses. What is the likelihood that people interviewed said the shooter was outside the car but the investigators dismiss or ignored that testimony simply because the shells were in the car, and then did not test the casings further?

Your suggestion defies any reasonable conclusion. It requires you to assume everything I said above. So, what leads you to assume all of those things?

5. isired

isired New Member

I'm not saying that the conclusions that he mentioned are necessarily wrong, but I was using that as an example. We can assume that he interviewed multiple witnesses. We know that if one of those witnesses said that Gasser was inside of the car, then we have conflicting statements - at least but not necessarily limited to regarding whether Gasser was inside or outside of the car. The only point that I was making was that, in light of the conflicting witness statements, why mention details at all? It seems like he knows he shouldn't (his statements about not discussing details) but couldn't help himself.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What conflicting statements? Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the Sheriff state no witness had stated to the police Gasser was outside the car?

7. isired

isired New Member

#147 isired, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  8. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Damn. That pic kinda puts it all into perspective.

nycarl, mute and NY Jets68 like this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sanchez looking guapo as fuck, even so.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

13. The Waterboy

They just indicted Gasser on murder charges, guess it just took a bit to make sure they had everything they needed lined up

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess we know where those donations to the ACLU went to.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm glad it seems like they got it right. It was shaping up to be a disaster if they didn't indict that guy on something. Regardless of reasoning or who was the aggressor or whatever it was pretty much confirmed that he shot and killed an unarmed man.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wow, when I saw this I thought it was a joke saying that "gassers" in practice did him in because of his weight issues. I was about to rage. Glad they finally indicted the scumbag.

#156 Sam Hammer, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  17. The Waterboy

Just to clarify, Gasser had already been indicted on manslaughter, they just upped it to the murder charge.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Update, finally . . .

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/06/ronald_gasser_trial_date_joe_m.html

Ronald Gasser heads to trial Aug. 7 in Joe McKnight killing
    Updated on June 12, 2017 at 10:54 AMPosted on June 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM
    Ronald Gasser, 55, is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of former NFL player Joe McKnight.
    BY MICHELLE HUNTER

mhunter@nola.com,

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Ronald Gasser, the man accused of fatally shooting former NFL player Joe McKnight in a Terrytown road rage confrontation, will head to trial Aug. 7 on a charge of second-degree murder.

Judge Ellen Kovach of the 24th Judicial District Court set the date during a status hearing Monday morning (June 12).
    Prosecutors say Gasser, 55, was the aggressor in a "cat-and-mouse" chase that began when McKnight, 28, cut him off while both were driving across the Crescent City Connection on Dec. 1.

The chase ended at the intersection of Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard in Terrytown when Gasser shot McKnight as the former New York Jets running back stood outside of Gasser's passenger window, authorities have said. Gasser stayed at the scene until authorities arrived.

Gasser's attorneys say McKnight was the clear aggressor, and accused him of being under the influence of anabolic steroids, marijuana and pain pills when the shooting occurred. Gasser, defense attorneys said, acted in self-defense to protect himself from McKnight's "violent and erratic behavior."

Before the trial, Gasser will return to court July 14 for a motions hearing.

Royal Tee likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Hopefully he has a date with Bubba in the future. A long one.

Royal Tee likes this.
  20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

is he out on bail?