Forget Tyrod

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by RichardCaster, Mar 7, 2017.

1. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

Incarcerated Bob is reporting Bills will keep him. Let's see if he is right

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Didn't we establish long ago that using Bob as a source was an immediate ban?

Edit: and he may be right but I guarantee it has nothing to do with a source. I know I don't have to explain it to most people, but all he does is take the likely stance, praise himself if he's right and say "things changed last minute" when he's wrong.

ajax, Freddy Mondo, Poeman and 6 others like this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Glennon to Chicago, Tyrod will stay put, Romo to Denver.... Jets will hopefully sign someone to compete with Petty and Hack but nobody that's guaranteed a starting gig. I'd look at Hoyer, Foles or even Manziel. If one of the 4 QBs drops to the second I would be fine with that too.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Fates are with us for once ...

Another big flop in 2017 is all we need to be in the 2018 QB sweepstakes

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

At the start of free agency, Over the Cap is a great resource. http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

It shows the Bills have less cap room than the Jets do, and if you read on have alot of holes to fill with that money. So I think they let Taylor walk, and he ends up on either the Browns, Bears or Niners who need a stopgap guy and there are two logical choices Glennon and Taylor.

The Jets, despite their major cuts of late, dont have alot of cap room. At least when compared to the other teams, which is what cap space is all about.

So I think the Jets have a fairly quiet free agency period and see how the market shakes out. They will look to bring in pieces here and there. And I dont see them chasing after a QB.

nicg4360 likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yes, actually I remember this.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I totally misread the Tyrol Taylor situation. I did not think there was a chance he would be a FA. I thought he would do what Kaepernick did last year and slow play his recovery so he could not pass his physical and get his 27 million for this year. But it appears Tyrod did not want that deal and expects a bigger and better deal. I am not sure he will get the deal he expects. It will be interesting to see if he and the Bills work out a deal. If not the Browns seem interested and have the cash.

If Glennon goes to the Bears and Romo to the Broncos and Taylor back with the Bills the potential QB needy teams dwindles. The 49ers, Browns, Jets and possibly Houston are all that is left. Kaepernick's options are limited as radical right wing owners like the Browns or Jets won't consider him for political reasons.

With the limited teams looking for a QB it makes one wonder if or how many QBS will go in the 1st round. My guess is only one with the Browns going QB to start round 2.

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

If true I wouldn't be shocked. Tyrod for the right money if he is released I will be happy. If we miss him and Glennon sign as someone mentioned Foles, Hoyer, Manziel and see what happens. If we trade back and get lucky that one of the qbs falls and we are in the right position with extra picks I would do it. I think the Jets will take a wait and see approach and when all the chips fall it will all work out. First time in a long time that I don't think the Jets will over spend and sign the right players. Next year might not be a good year but I think rebuilding is the way to go and we are doing it the right way. Can't wait to see what happens with the draft and free agency and how this team looks May 1.

nicg4360 likes this.
  9. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Okay, gentlemen, whodafox "Bob?"

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There is not a qb available i would like over starting hack or petty.
    Not a single one

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Manziel? Please. Hoyer and Foles, yes. Manziel HELL NO!

12. LarryAlRalph

I concur. All the lamenting of how we need to find a solid QB for the future completely overlooks the point there aren't any available period.

13. LarryAlRalph

I sighed audibly when I saw that, and then muttered aloud, "Has it really come to that?" Manziel?

TwoHeadedMonster and Boomboom like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. I can't believe that anyone would even throw his name out there in jest. He's a clusterfox. I'd rather see Powell at QB. If Manziel is the only QB we can add via FA, then we ought to forget the QB position in FA, roll with Petty and Hack and then draft another QB.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Doesn't he have a 30m cap hit this year? I'd be shocked if the Bills actually paid him that. Incarcerated bob is a hack.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Embrace the rebuild - Dump veterans, trade Sheldon, trade down, sign mid/low level FAs to fill roster, play our youth, evaluate. Make a play for a QB next year.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If the goal is to secure a top pick in the 2018 draft to get their "potential" QB of the future then start the worst QB available. Is there anyone worse than Manziel? For a legit starter of course they'd be stupid to consider Manziel but to suck as bad as possible bring in the clown.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, Macc and Bowles are NOT going to tank. They're going to try and win as many games as possible, which is again why everyone pinning their hopes on finding their FQB "savior" in 2018 is wishful thinking.

Second, Manziel would have to demonstrate an amazing turn around in his character and behavior to even be considered, and I don't think he's got it in him. And even if he did somehow, I don't think NY would be the place for him to test his resolve, and I think Macc won't take that gamble.

20. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I doubt that the Jets are interesting in Taylor. Mac got burned by paying so much for our ex QB last year and won't make that mistake again. Chances are he won't pick up any QB in free agency and will spend his money on draft picks. Possibly trade down and put Sheldon on the market for more picks. The CB will be the first position to pick. Then safety, edge rusher and back up OLine men.