Forget about these propped up QB's....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsGoFar, Sep 3, 2017.

1. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Just thinking this through. If Petty gets to start 10 games this year and performs at or better-than Cousins-level, it's very likely that the Jets won't be picking in the top-5 (probably 6-10). Now, the QB that they want could be there, but it's also just as likely that he won't be. It's just way too early to tell but who the GM (be it Mac or someone else) will pick. (Alternatively, the Jets could look to pick up developed talent from other organizations McCarron, Hundley, or, if made available, Kizer.)

In any event, Petty showing up big time would be a great sign for this CS. It would show that they can actually develop some raw (i.e., not-first round) talent at the QB position.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JetsFan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, I think it would be a great sign for Mac and the scouts as far as spotting and adding talent, but as for the CS, I think Petty developed in spite of Bowles. I'm sure that Bates helped Petty and maybe Morton, but Morton may have been working against Petty as much as Bowles and maybe Mac was, if it's true that Mac was pushing for Hack to get every chance he could.

Cman68 and PulseJet like this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I always liked Petty. I wanted him from the jump and I hope he gets another shot. I always said he was the 3rd best QB in the 2015 Draft.

4. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

IMO, If Petty plays 10 games at Cousins or better level, the Jets will have a shot at the playoffs, not a number 6-10 pick. That would be unlikely but certainly welcome to all Jets fans.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Your out of your mind....Yea let's pass on Darnold for Bryce Petty.You would set us back another 10 years if you traded the #1 pick in the draft.Petty can't even beat out Josh Mcown....and you are talking about him a the QB of the future.

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It is getting ahead of ourselves a bit... for sure. He needs to actually play. Then remain healthy and play at a higher level than he has ever played before. He's come a long way but the odds are still not in his favor.

But it's no more of a stretch to think Petty can be a competent QB than locking all aspirations for the Jets on a USC QB that is still raw and has only started a handful of games.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The only way we do not take a QB is if one of these QBs does enough to win enough games that we're not in position to draft one. Even then I hope whomever is running the FO is exploring every opportunity to trade up

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Saw this movie. Didn't end well...

NCJetsfan and PulseJet like this.