For my 3000 post..the hanging Chad has fell!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Feb 17, 2006.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Chad was never a very mobile QB and far from a strong armed QB but he could manage a team and was very accurate on short routes. He never played a full season but received the highest payout every given to a Jets player and one of the top ten contracts ever given to an NFL QB. He never got us to the big game, won an MVP or even made the probowl. He gave us false hope for a while and sent us into cap hell.

Unless the Jets give him one more chance or he is signed to another team as a backup and their #1 QB gets hurt, he will never again be nothing more than a backup until one more injury sends him packing for good. He was our Ryan Leaf with all the false hope and wasted money to boot.

I was very happy when we drafted him. I jumped so high I hit my hands into the ceiling. I was captain of the Chad band wagon right beside many of you. I started to waver when it took him so long to learn the offenses and plays. I worried even more when he backed Hackman. I gasped when I saw him break his wriste. I gave up hope when he got hurt the second time, and now after the third major injury I call for his farewell.

I want a new QB to pin my hopes on, a new QB to lead us from yet another black hole in Jets history. Chad got the money and now it is time for him to run. I don't blame him for refusing to take a pay cut, just as I don't think a player should hold out when he is under contract. Since when did signing your name mean so little?

I want us to cut as many old or over priced players we can. I want to rip the bandaid off the sore so it can get fresh air and heal. No more replacing one bandaid with another. We need to say goodbye to Chad and take the cap hit once and for all.

The Chad has fell for the last time in New York and the fans votes will be heard.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Has fell?

3. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

Shush! Do not point out the grammatically incorrect.

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Funny avatar :lol:

5. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

its stuff like this that makes it so hard to take a lot of Jets fans seriously.

Black hole?

How long was it that the Bengals didnt go 8-8 or better? Ten years or so?

Weve been to the playoffs in 01, 02, and 04. Correct me if im wrong, thats 3 times in five years. The most pessimistic person might say that this has been mediocre... but a black hole? Are you serious?