For everybody that wants Brick...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Fine move him, make him reserve, a back up. I dont care. Point is you don't reject the Jag. And as said earlier- who says Jones is a solid LT???

Last time I checked also your QBs were getting creamed left and right. Jones isn't a solid LT. Sure, Cutler lovers will tell you he is- but he ain't. Point is their difference IS that great. People are already bubbling in B'Brick to future ProBowls- who the heck is Jones?

2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I hope if we draft Brick he works out. If he doesn't then at least I'm comfortable that we have someone who has already proven capable of getting the job done.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He did shutdown Simeon Rice:)

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He was moved to LT before Chad and Fiedler were hurt. Once he moved to the left side, he was the only above average part of the line. Jones was a 4th rounder with 1st-2nd round talent, but was raw. Once he gets experience, he can definitely be a good LT in the NFL.

5. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Youre talking crazy man(SARCASM). Obviously Jones is the next Anthony Munoz and we then draft Cutler who is the next Brett Favre anchored by D Rob who is the next Warren Sapp, our team is unstoppable.

6. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Offensive lineman are not worth a 1st round pick.....

Think d'brick then also think robert gallery..nuff said.

7. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

For everybody who wants Brick

Kill yourself.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You can say Orlando Pace and Jordan Gross. Not every OLineman is gonna be Rpbert Gallery, not every OLineman is gonna be Orlando Pace...So don't compare anyone to a bust or a hall of famer, not directed towards you, just in general.

But with the problems on this line, The Brick to me seems like the safest pick...

9. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

and Brooks Bollinger FITS fine at QB, that doesnt mean hes good there

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

since we already have a LT in Adrian Jones, drafting Brick would be an upgrade.

Now, considering all of Jets needs and areas to address, does anyone actually think we can afford to upgrade an OL position; especially when it's the 4th overall pick?

cheers

11. Crickett

Crickett New Member

Considering we have Bollinger, drafting Cutler would be an upgrade..... maybe.

COnsidering we have Bryan Thomas, drafting Mario Williams would be an upgrade...... yes it would.

Considering we have Victor Hobson, drafting A.J. Hawk would be an upgrade.

Considering we have Curtis Martin, Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston, drafting DeAngelo Williams would be an upgrade.

I hear we have nobody at QB and Jones at LT, but the only place the Jets truly have NOBODY is RT.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

the only position that's actually worth upgrading is QB because if, indeed, Pennington is gone then we don't have a true starter at QB, the most important position in football. And even if Pennington is still here, he probably won't be effective; so again, an upgrade there actually makes sense.

Every other position you listed, including LT, we already have starters. Therefore, using the 4th pick doesn't warrant upgrading any of them. Trading down for one of the better RT's makes sense because then we have starting LT and RT. Drafting Ferguson still leaves us with no RT, no QB, and no quality starting G.

cheers

13. Crickett

Crickett New Member

Please define "true starter". Because IMO, Bollinger is every bit a starter that Adrian Jones is (that isn't a praise for Bollinger, it is a dig at Jones).

14. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

FIRE, this man brings fire. from here on in, i should just type ibid right under whatever you write

15. Well than the position you so often endorse w/ every fiber of your being, is not your forte' in terms of player evaluation. Jones was our line's best performer who was put in a bad situation and handled it impressively. Ie he perfect? No he isn't. But guess what? neither is D'brick- I mean..Jesus Ferguson

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You know I could understand if you weren't in favor of drafting D'Brick, but you have to realize he is going to be a helluva player in the NFL.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

There was a window after the Penny/Fiedler injuries that the line played decent. Fabini was a turnstyle, but a less damaging one at RT. Once Kendall started playing center though, we had another turnstyle right up the middle. Poor Moore was on an island. Jones held his own for the most part, even with a backup playing next to him.

18. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

D-Brick would be an instant starter you guys are starting to convince me.

19. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I thought we let Jesus Ferguson go to Dallas?

20. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Couple of things...

Jones size is not a major issue

Ferguson and Jones would give us the most athletic pair of bookends in the league.

If Jones can play left tackle, he can play right tackle.

I see Fabini in and around my town. He is looking slim. He walks with a noticeable limp. He's not going to be 100 percent anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if he's considering retirement, unless he lost the weight to make the healing process quicker.

Lastly,

Haven't we learned the lesson of a poor offensive line yet? You NEED a strong foundation to move forward, first and foremost. I think we can safely mount an effective running game with Martin and Houston, but whoever our quarterback is will need all the help he can get.

-X-