For everybody that wants Brick...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

What do you propose we do with A. Jones as he is not suited to play RT?

2. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Geez, what would happen to Grossman if the Bears can get Brady?

3. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Says who? He Absolutely can play RT. He was moved to left to help out Fabini.

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

yes, but for someone who does pay attention to the oline he played MUCH better at LT and was the most consistent linemen we had

5. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

EXACTLY!!

D'Brick has no spot on this team, Jones is fine at LT and can't play RT.

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He can technically play RT. But he's awful at doing it. He was drafted to be the future LT, only played RT because we lost McKenzie.

7. This thread is gonna get ugly. Brick is considered a God in many GG churches.

8. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

DBrick should be an upgrade and you have a chance to draft the best LT prospect since Pace and Ogden how do you not do that. sure you have Jones but I say draft Dbrick since we need all the O line we can get so that we don't have a 2005 texans O line. lets keep our future QB from getting sacked and DBrick should be that guy to do it.

9. Imagesrdecieving

I see your point, but that's a bad comparison for a couple of reasons.

1. A. Jones did a solid job at LT, Grossman on the other hand...
    2. Grossman can't stay healthy, A. Jones has shown no problems with that.
    3. To mention Brick in the same breathe as Brady is out of line - What has Brick done to be compared to Brady?

Nice post CMart - but do you have an answer for the question? What do we do with A Jones then? Sit him? Or start him a RT and then let the running game suffer?

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

What about the Texans? Should they say fuck it to Reggie Bush because they have a pretty good young RB who plays the same position?

Best Player Available needs no argument.

11. Imagesrdecieving

Also bear in mind that D. Davis has a history of injuries - He's yet to prove that he can be an everydown back for a whole season. Bush can also do multiple things like return punts and kickoffs. He also is considered to be special. Brick has been labeled a can't miss prospect(How many times have you heard that one?), but not special. I haven't heard anyone refer to him that way at least.

12. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I was ganna make an OL comparison but was to lazy so I just went with an extreme QB one. Answer is the same. Kick Jones to the curb, you got something better! That's like saying "I can't accept that Jaguar, I have a Civic in my garage. If I accept the Jag what will I do with my Civic?"

13. Salz

Salz New Member

What makes anyone think Adrian Jones is fine at LT? Last I saw, our QB's were getting their asses kicked because of the offensive line. Jones didn't help. We need a new starter at nearly every spot on that line. I do not want to become the Houston Texans.

14. nohope

nohope New Member

Dood...sorry but I'm gunna let the dogs rip you up here for posting this thread

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Except Jones isn't nearly that bad, and Ferguson isn't nearly that good.

16. Imagesrdecieving

Personally, I can't afford to let a thing of value(a civic) just be kicked to the curb. I'd want to at least sell it(tough luck trading players in the NFL). Or get value out of it by maybe giving it my son/daughter. No way I would just allow Jones to just be kicked to the curb. The kid proved he can perform as a LT last year. While we had problems on the line last year - he was not one of them. He will only get better. If we could shift him to another part of the line and have him succeed - then great. Otherwise we have too many holes to fill in a rebuilding project to just upgrade Jones to Brick. Especially considering that Brick might in the long run not even be that great of an upgrade to Jones to warrant a #4 selection.

Trade Down, Fill holes with BPA's, Let a team that NEEDS an LT draft Brick.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Jones would probably be forced to move inside and play guard. We'd be killing two birds with one stone but we'd also have a pretty damn soft offensive line with no meanstreak unless we bring in Shanahan and use his amazing zone blocking techniques.

18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

move him to center--he has quick feet to get out and pull like Mawae.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He has never snapped a ball in his life. If this was college then yeah move him to center. But you can't do that in the NFL. It takes a lot of practice. Look at how much Kendall struggled with it this year and he hadn't snapped in a year. Imagine if you haven't snapped ever.

20. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I agree here. IF you feel D'Brick is a true franchise LT (Pace, Ogden, etc.) you do not let a nice, but far from franchise LT such as Adrian Jones get in the way.