Food............

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by xmscott, Oct 26, 2012.

1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I have nearly been vegetarian for about a week. I bought a Vitamix and have been primarily drinking green and purple juice. I feel amazing by the way.

Enough about me. It matter very little.

"(NaturalNews) Russia has now officially banned all imports of genetically modified corn, citing concerns from a recent study by French researchers showing rats grew massive cancer tumors when fed a lifetime of Monsanto's genetically modified corn.

In addition to the Russian ban, Monsanto may also soon be facing a European ban. France is reported asking for a European-wide ban on GM corn if its national health agency confirms the findings of French scientists.

On top of that, if Proposition 37 passes in California, food producers will be required to label GMO on foods sold in that state. This is widely expected to cause U.S. food producers to abandon to use of GMO in foods, since virtually all consumers who know anything about GMO would refuse to buy items labeled as containing genetically engineered ingredients."

You can see the horrific images of the rats in this link.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037328_Russia_GMO_Monsanto.html#ixzz2ANO73xTG

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's cool that you feel good after a week but I think the real indicator of how this diet affects you will come after months of sticking to the diet.

Those tumors are fuckin crazy. Repulsed.

3. xmscott

Someone once told me that we should get 6 or so sources of vegetables and fruits a day. I may be off on the number.

Corn, modified corn. Is in almost everything we eat.

4. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

And it's in a lot of dry dog & cat food as the 1st ingredient.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If your buying the cheaper stuff it surely is. Most high end dog/cat food and even some of the decently priced stuff lists some meat first. If you care what your animal is eating read a the labels.

Scott, being nearly vegetarian is easy, I've been completely vegetarian for 7 years now. I don't miss meat one bit. It can make it a pain in the ass to eat out, but you become much more aware of what is actually in your food because you are constantly reading labels at the store.

One thing to keep in mind if you ever do go fully veg, Gelatin is not vegetarian and is in every thing from Marshmallows, some yogurts, to the sugar on alot of cereal's.

6. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Damn, I know they're just lab rats, but I feel sorry for those little guys. That would be like us carrying around tumors the size of car tires all day long.

7. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Oh btw, if you're looking for your daily serving of fruits and veggies, I highly recommend this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass...&qid=1351259326&sr=8-2&keywords=amazing+grass

Mix a scoop of this with water or milk 1-2 times a day and you're set. It comes in five different flavors, but the chocolate is the best-tasting by far, IMO. Not to mention that the 60-serving size is pretty cost efficient and a good bang for your buck.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I used to be a vegetarian and I tell you, I've never felt better in my life. Everything was good, my skin tone and complexion was amazing, better breath, never got sick,taking a dump was easy and consistent every time. No paying for your spicy food the next day. I'm considering going back but I love eating meat. Tough decisions!

9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I remember when my sister went vegetarian. She was dropping bombs that would flatten a charging rhinoceros at 20 paces. Are you having the same side effects? :eek:hmy: If I had more discipline, it could be a lot of fun!!! :wink:

10. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I don't even bother with fruits/veggies. I love them, but I just have a greens supplement.

Fruits have WAAAAAY too many carbs.

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I don't think going vegan is in line with what humans have been eating since the dawn of recorded time. Man is a meat eater. It got us this far, didn't it?

Now, do we eat too much protein in the form of meat. I definitley say yes. However, I think eating meat does help the body's immune system. Being exposed to some bacterium enhances the immune system. It reminds me of the studies about the uber sterile environment some put their infants in.

Studies indicate that people who are exposed to less than sterile environments have a stronger immune system, sort of like nature's vaccine.

It's like most everything else. Moderation. One extreme or the other is inadvisable.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Being an avid fish eater, I can certainly vouch for the advantages of eating seafood for protein. You know what you're eating and how old it is because you caught it. Get into Seafood and help your body help you...

13. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

This something I really want to get into and learn. Never fished in my life. Have never lived around water either.

14. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Proposition 37 in California is extraordinarily important. US citizens have been being fed this mutant GMO food laced with pesticide for many years now unbeknownst to them. It is because of big Biotech's revolving door at the FDA that allowed it to begin with. Almost every other nation has banned or at least requires labeling that food contains GMO, including China and Russia. Getting prop 37 to pass in CA would be the first step to having the right to know what's in what you eat. If you know someone in CA please consider mentioning to them to vote yes on 37.

I am supersonic and I approve this message ;)

15. xmscott

Fucked, all of us

"President Obama has signed into law the notorious Monsanto Protection Act legislation hidden inside of the Continuing Resolution spending bill, which protects Monsanto and its genetically modified creations from federal courts.

Passing up the chance to veto the bill in favor of stopping Monsanto’s increasing monopoly on the food supply, Obama pushed the bill through into a law in a move that reminds us of his failed 2007 promise to ‘immediately’ label GMOs upon his election."

http://naturalsociety.com/obama-sig...nto-law-after-promising-gmo-labeling-in-2007/

16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

A bill here in Hawai`i which would require all GMO products to be labeled prior to being sold to consumers was recently killed by the Senate. The Senate will call for a study of the issue via a concurrent resolution. Most of those who testified were employees of big agribusinesses like Monsanto. They are also one of the biggest contributors to those very lawmakers' campaign fund. Go figure.

17. xmscott

Micheal Taylor is the Senior Advisory to the Commissioner of the FDA. Before that he was The Food Safety Czar and before that an executive, lawyer and lobbiest at Monsanto.

Food is power. Everyone needs it.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

looks like the cat was out of the bag as monsantos stock has risen nicely in the last 1-2 years after falling from over 100.

19. xmscott

Michael Taylor, former Monsanto Vice President, is now the FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods.
    Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto-funded Danforth Plant Science Center, is now the director of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
    Islam Siddiqui, Vice President of the Monsanto and Dupont-funded pesticide-promoting lobbying group, CropLife, is now the Agriculture Negotiator for the US Trade Representative.
    Rajiv Shah, former agricultural-development director for the pro-biotech Gates Foundation (a frequent Monsanto partner), served as Obama's USDA Under Secretary for Research Education and Economics and Chief Scientist and is now head of USAID.
    Solicitor General Elena Kagan, who took Monsanto's side against organic farmers in the Roundup Ready alfalfa case, has been nominated to the Supreme Court.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think Food Inc or another one of those food movies mentions a ton of people that used to work for big food corporations are now working for the FDA and etc. Happens with chemical companies and the EPA at times too.