Five Step Plan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Mar 11, 2006.

1. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

#1 rajensen088, Mar 11, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  2. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

I agree 100% with the entire article best off season read so far.

3. Pride

Pride New Member

Interesting article, Im not crazy on trading 4 Ramsey and I want to give Dewayne one more shot with a big NT

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think both of those plans are terrible. Addressing the offensive line should be the #1 thing on each guy's list. Berger barely mentions the o-line and Glauber doesn't at all

5. 1028

1028 Active Member

Im with Jake, I dont like the articles either.

Interesting mention in trading Robertson though, Im really wondering what kind of a role hes gonna have next year

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We're better off keeping Robertson and hoping he resurrects his career under new management because at this point the most we could get for him is a 3rd or 4th rounder. His stats show he isn't anything special yet, huge contract and his knee condition would scare many suitors off...

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The first one I actually agree with, except for trading up for Leinart. He isn't worth it. Ramsey is getting his shot though, I think, and we won't be drafting a QB until 2007.

Unfortunately, Abe has burned his bridges. And the Jets made it easy for him. That situation stinks, but I assume the reason they did it was the scheme change. A harshly made business decision, but a business decision just the same.

I'm beginning to think that we have to unload DRob now... I liked him in 2004, and he took a step back with the rest of the defense, but he doesn't have a place in a 3-4 and his stock won't get any higher with this team, unfortunately. Since we have a rather large amount of cap room, maybe we could use some of it to bite the cap hit that comes with trading him.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

According to JI2004's cap page, we would actually SAVE $1M dollars on the cap if we cut/traded him before 6/1.

9. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I thought the best plan was to go 1-15 for two years in a row so Mangini would be fired?

10. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

I have the same opinion on DRob. He hasn't looked good lately and he will be out of place in the new system. He's not right for NT and James Reed can probably play 3-4 DE just as well for a lot less money.

11. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Stupid.
    For starters if you are trading up for Lienart and you've kept Chad, why would you waste a pick (even if its a #5) on Ramsey.

I'd also love to hear the explanation of how the Jets are going to trade up for Leinart and get a RB like Addai when you're not trading Abraham.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well, if this is true, then whether or not he gets traded by June determines whether the FO feels like he can handle a job holding gaps... They need to do it before this year's draft to get the most we can, because trading for a pick in next year's draft could end up sucking a fat weiner. Although there would be a new team that we could openly wish ill upon.