#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good, steady as she goes. We don’t need an owner over reacting to one win. There’s a plan in place and they are sticking to it. I like it.
    Also they cut the dig he took at jerry Jones out. When asked if he had any input on sam starting he said no, I am not jerry jones yet.

3. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

His D looked great and he should be extremely proud of that. The special teams was an absolute masterclass performance. The offence with Bates playcalling and Sam’s talents was promising.

Now do it again

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I really, really hope that isn't true. Speaking for myself, I don't care what color his skin is, I just haven't been impressed until Monday night. If he can continue doing that type of coaching I'll join the fan club.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Does Bowles get credit for coaching him?

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Wow. I guess you missed the last half dozen pieces of shit white Jet coaches catching flack.

I like Bowles but this is ass.

7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

HA! Half this board argues that you don't need coaches and the other half always wants to fire the coach for underperforming. It can make you dizzy.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

arians ran the exact opposite of a ball controlled offense

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Mangini will make a great GM one day if given the chance.

CBG likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Although Bowles' job is not on the line, another 5-11 or worse season will certainly move that line closer. If Darnold keeps playing well, the team stays healthy and we still go 5-11/6-10, the bulls-eye will certainly be on Bowles as the prior excuses given will no longer apply. Bowles may not be mandated to win, but he sure as hell better get started. One game down, 15 to go..

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Of course Bowles job isn't on the line. He signed a 2 year extension and there is a plan in place rebuilding this roster long term. Firing the head coach as we near the completion of the rebuild would be counterproductive.

Next year we will have an incredible amount of money. We now have a QB and we have offensive weapons. We have a very good secondary. We can now add the finishing pieces to complete the build.

Bowles isn't going anywhere. Trust me

hornblower and BudJet like this.
  13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So your surprised that with a new QB in place there is no mandate for Playoffs and we want to do this the right way for the first time in possibly ever?

Wow

14. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Quite frankly anyone "concerned" over a QB throwing an INT doesnt understand the game of football. INTs are part of the game. Every QB throws one. No one gets concerned over a single INT. I didnt miss the point, you just dont get how it sounds to anyone who understands the game of football and has watched more than a couple of games. And when someone puts this out there for anyone to read I can tell others that its silly to be concerned over a singel INT. Again, if people commenting on your posts bothers you maybe you should write a blog and just lecture people instead of posting on a foum where you should expect an open exchange of thoughts. Both those who agree with you and those who dont. Its how this forum thingy works

hornblower likes this.

15. To act like Bowles has earned anything CLOSE to autonomy is just laughable. He cant hide behid a rebuild forever & yea holding his feet to the fire record wise would be counterproductive.. but another poor showing based on CONTEXT not W-L & he could & should be gone.Afterall if hes not the answer which another poor showing would all but conclude..commmencing a rebuild w a lameduck leader is counter productive just as well.

Bowles certainly has some slack for now..and the best thing for the franchise is him succeeding & being retained.But that doesnt mean hes immune to criticism or we should have blind faith at this stage.He hasnt earned that no matter how hard you want him to stay.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. LF911SC

Exactly, its a great start and hopefully is reflective of the notion that he lacked the talent roster wise to coach the way we all wanted him to. If he falters and the team doesnt continue to play well, different than winning, he'll be gone. Chris Johnson said yesterday the staff will be judged on growth, not strictly wins and losses or a playoff mandate. Thats the was it should be and shouldnt be viewed as an owner who is settling.

hornblower likes this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that Bowles can hide behind a rebuild forever. As I have stated before, this was an entire rebuild from the coaching staff up. It has taken years to get where we are. Bowles has had to field a below average to average team year after year with a stop gap QB. He has not had the privilege to coach a highly skilled team behind good to great QB play. Yes, Fitzpatrick had his moment, but in that moment Bowles won 10 games.

I am by no means implying that Bowles can always use the rebuild as an excuse, but we are now hitting the home stretch in that rebuild. He signed a 2 year deal with the plan of ending the rebuild this off-season. I am excited to see what he does with a much better roster.

18. LF911SC

I actually am surprise how quickly this team has transformed. I think we forget that last season was the first year the fat was trimmed from the roster and tossed aside for a lot of young, unproven talent. We're only in year two of a total rebuild and it looks like we'll be entertaining and competitive if not a true contender.

Who could ask for or demand more?

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Team. It's time to move on from this thread. We need to stay focused on having a successful season under a new, soon to be THE FQB, surrounded by a team that has embraced him and as a unit going beyond the call of duty to make him succeed. This time of year is all about supporting the CS and every single player. Who stays and who gces will be revisited after the season. No sense fretting about it now.
    If we are lucky, they all perform to the level we expect and maintain continuity by keeping the nucleus intact.
    Great start by all, and my hat off to the CS.

20. LF911SC

Fans want and think they need the best at every single position. Its like listening to the Yankee fans who call WFAN at night screaming that they need Stanton, Machado, deGrom and Harper to fill out the roster. Fans think that you have to have an all time great as the HC to have even a chance of winning. Look at Coughlin, he was never a great HC but he managed to never lose a SB to the great Belichick. Happens all the time, Tomlin was the next great HC now Bradshaw called him a cheerleader. Chip Kelly was revolutionizing the game but hes out of the NFL because he failed. McCarthy was a bum, great when he won a SB, his job in jeopardy a year ago.
    Until a HC pulls a Shottenheimer or Andy Reid and chokes away big wins they all have the ability to win the big one. If theres a trend as with those two then you rethink their ability

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.