Favre is Comming Back

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by greenthumb, Apr 26, 2006.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Thank god this is going to be finally over! John Madden is going to be so happy!

LORD FAVRE (YAWN) IS COMING BACK

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre informed the team on Tuesday that he'll be returning for the 2006 season.

Anyone who has been coming to this site for the past month or so knows that this is old news. Indeed, we've just heard from our original source regarding the "Favre is returning" story that the more accurate characterization of the development is that Favre gave the team permission on Tuesday to announce publicly that which the organization already has known.

Though we never could quite figure out Favre's motivation for telling the team that he was coming back but not officially granting the team authority to say so, the simple reality could be that (as former teammate Mark Chmura suggested a few weeks back) Favre likes the attention.

And plenty of it he got.

At one point, we concluded that Favre's public questioning of the team's failure to make a splash in free agency was aimed at securing for himself a no-lose proposition in 2006. If the team sucks, he gets no blame. If the team is good, he gets all of the credit. So even though the chances of pulling an Elway are low, climbing back to the top of an undermanned NFC North could, given the low level of expectations, provide the same kind of feel-good final chapter to Favre's career.

Indeed, what has the team done since Favre's April 8 presser about nothing, where he called for the team to sign an impact free agent? Under his own stated reasoning, he rightly should have quit.

Frankly, we doubted our report that Favre was returning only once, in the wake of that press conference. But our source promptly informed us that the Packers had given the NFL specific assurances that Favre would be back before the NFL handed the team three prime time appearances in 2006.

And with the expectations now appropriately lowered in Green Bay, allow us to be the first to predict that the Packers won't be as bad as most pundits presume they will be. We'll predict at least a 9-7 record in Favre's final season, with an outside shot at a playoff berth.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Good, we play them. A couple of easy INTs for our DBs, other than that it means nothing to me.

3. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

He sucks and should have retired years ago.

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

laddy freaking dah

5. S+M=S Giants

S+M=S Giants New Member

If I was there GM i would have made a decision for him either way, long ago. I lost alot of respect for Lord favre during this whole stupid ordeal.:deadskins: :eaglessuck:

6. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Brett Favre 2006:

9 TDs
    31 INT

7. Hazardous Waters

This just in:

Brett Favre has just received his first AARP violation notice via email

#7 Hazardous Waters, Apr 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Richard Todd is laughing at those numbers.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

My serious projected stats : 3,590 yards / 22 TD / 26 INT / 76 Rating

Soooo...

yeah...sweet, I get to stare at #4 throwing 38 interceptions per game AGAIN! WEEEE

10. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

It's good that he made his decision before the season started. My God.

11. NYJalltheway

I can imagine in week 12 of the season (rogers have been starting), and he decides to suddently come back :lol:

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Something makes me think that he held out his decision to possibly create some big news when he finally did announce he would play again, but I really could care less after the way he has handled the situation.

13. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

whos that?

#13 CmartinHOF, Apr 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  14. NYJalltheway

exactly his point...