Fast and Furious 6

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, May 27, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This movie was the definition of fun for me. I was smiling throughout and had 0 problems with some unrealistic parts because well this series doesn't take itself too seriously.

Also loved how all the past movies were tied together with the ending and post credits scene.

What did everyone else think?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I had a blast watching this film, and the money its made everyone loves it....Its unbelievable but Justin Lin is the absolute rockstar in changing this franchise around after that terrible 2nd film.

I cant believe a summer film like this has become a franchise and has extended into now 7 films and with each new film it gets better and better.

Obviously there are some cheesy parts or things that make no sense,

like the below:
    [​IMG]

But Luke Evans stole the show as the villain, I cant wait for #7 and the extra scene during credits was fantastic...It tied the 3rd film even better.

I remember when Tokyo Drift came out...Couldnt help but laugh at the concept of that, now its stood the test of time and all makes sense.

If you want to have a great time at the movies, Id go watch this film...Its a step above the last film which was great and introduced the Rock

3. akibud

akibud Active Member

I agree, this movie was a whole lot of fun, from beginning to end. It is what you want from a summer block buster movie, lots of hair raising driving stunts, explosions, shootouts and awesome hand to hand fight scenes.

Spoiler alert;

I was sad to see Giselle go, but then Han's ticket got punched soon after which made it easier to swallow. Can't wait to see what Jason Statham brings as a villain.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

SPOILER

They basicalled re-filmed the scene from the 3rd film, Han died in the 3rd film, a Benz crashed into it. Now it appears that was intentional...Great work by Lin tying that piece

5. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved it. The Statham teaser was great. It's everything you could ask for in a summer action movie.

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

ok! I saw Tokyo Drift but it is way fuzzy in my head, maybe I will rewatch it now. I do like the writing how they are bringing back past story lines and tying them in to present time.

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Great movie ... the length of the runway was a little funny to think about lol.

Rock makes a great muscle figure in these films and I loved the tie-ins like everybody said.

A bit slower start here for the most part to build to a great finish unlike in Fast 5 where the action started immediately

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Anyone forget how to drive after watching this movie? god dam I was flooring it on the way home

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

I liked Fast Five a little bit more, best of the series IMO, but this was a shit load of fun.

The post credit scene was phenomenal. Possibly the best lead to a sequel I've ever seen within a movie.

It's crazy to think the original has spun off so many sequels and they've managed to get better with time, but here we are.

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Which number was the one with the Kid in Tokoyo? That was the biggest flop, they pretended that movie never happend lol.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

3rd one in the series.

And yeah the directors just said these films will be prequels to Toyko Drift (4,5, and 6) to make the story "work".

SPOILER BELOW

And the after credits scene to #6 is mostly a scene from Toyko Drift

12. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

That movie was a big terd.

13. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Lucas Black as the main guy was a a problem. The best part of that one was Vin Diesel showing up at the end. I could see that scene somehow working it's way into 7.

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

They would have been better off with Jack Black :)

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

Guessing Lucas Black will be joining the crew since that's what Diesel's scene in Tokyo Drift alluded to.

16. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

This one was bad.
    Very
    Very
    Bad.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

So people actually watch these movies still? IDK if I can handle watching 6 of these things. The first one was great at the time, and the second was good, but it got ridiculous for me at that point. Is it really worth watching them all?

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I continued from 5 and 6...Those are great, but really you should watch number 4,5,6...Tokyo Drift is important now because it connects with the 6th film.

It all is worth a watch

19. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

If you care about the rather tenuous plot connections maybe. Otherwise no.
    Watch 5 since it is actually pretty good, 6 was a mess I thought. Tokyo is awful, 4 is meh.

20. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

I like it actually. As it had wit, charm, and really action with the cars.