Fantasy Support Group

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Namath2Kolber, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

For some, it was a weekend of glory. For others, it was a bit more depressing.

All the preparation. All the mental straining - "Should I pick him? Should I pick that guy?" All for nought.

Did you start Drew Brees? Philip Rivers? Reggie Bush? Deuce McAllister? Brandon Jacobs? Chester Taylor? DJ Hackett? Deion Branch? Lee Evans? Santana Moss? Reggie Brown?

Did you mock your friend for "reaching" for Adrian Peterson?

Did you boast that Vincent Jackson was a sleeper?

These things hurt. I understand.

I'm here to help. Don't do anything drastic like trade your best player away. Let's just talk it out.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

All 6 of my fantasy teams will have lost this week, by the end of tonights games.

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

In my keeper league, I kept Brandon Jacobs even though I know he sucks solely because the league is full of Giants fans and I "knew" I could fleece someone with him in a trade.

Well, none of the trades were to my liking. I figured after a week of those Giants fans seeing him in action, they would come a runnin' to me.

I could've kept Andre Johnson instead.

Dammit . . .

4. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

im in a league with 2 QBs and 12 teams in the league...i had romo, roethlisberger, addai, calvin johnson, plaxico burress, minnesota D all go for HUUUUGE numbers

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

My biggest goof was a last-minute decision to bench Adrian Peterson in one league for Thomas Jones. Eh, its only week one, you really just can't tell. After all, who would have thought that the leading receiver for the Lions yesterday would be some nobody named Shaun McDonald? I'll bet a lot of people had him on their roster :lol:

6. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I'm going to lose tonight in the TGG league unless Leinart goes balistic, but I killed this week in the other league by like 40 points.

My best play: LaMont Jordan (earned 21 points) over Maurice Jones-Drew (3). Good gut feeling.

My worst play: Vincent Jackson and Jerry Porter (a combined 5.20 points) over Wes Walker (12.05 points). This is the TGG league where I have a very weak WR core.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Let's see. I benched Eli and Roethlisberger in favor of Hasselbeck.

I benched Curry.

I own Jacobs and Eli on both of my fantasy teams.

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I benched Chris Brown and Lynch to start DeAngelo Williams

9. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

It was a tough call in one league, and I made the wrong choice: Cedric Benson over Clinton Portis.

In my other, Reggie brown netted me one (1) point while Reggie Bush got me 4. If either of them had played even decently I'd have won.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

i started bush, evans AND moss in one of my leagues.

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

that was definitely a very bad decision

as for me I am haunted by the computer picking me a team that is horribly weak in a lot of areas, and news that Glenn is gone a very long time stings very badly in a 20 team league

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I came in dead last for week one in one of my leagues. Only 3 out of 15 players I started met their projected points. Ouch! But I did win in my $$ league, thank you Tony Romo :)

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I lost by 5, 112-107...

Despite the fact I started Brees, Bush and Colston.

If SF had only run a draw to Gore on the last play of the game, I would have won. I can't complain though, If your QB puts up a 2, you deserve to lose I just didn't think I'd come close to winning.

I am at peace with the fact that Bush and Brees won't have another week like that for awhile, I hope.

Notables:
    Randy Moss
    Chargers Defense
    Marshawn Lynch
    Frank Gore

EDIT:

PS - I had Roethlistberger on the bench =(

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I lost in the only money league I play in because of a Bull Shiiiit offensive pass interference call on Todd Heap! Where he would have caught a TD!

Well that's not the only reason! I stupidly played Reggie brown and Reggie Bush!

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

194-193 Loss. I thought about driving my car off of a cliff.

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Who woulda thought Eli would outperform Payton?!! Still won by 5 thanks to Jason Witten on Monday night. Oh yeah, I started Fred Taylor over Adrian Peterson...D'oh...which reminds me...if you have a question about your week one starters, always start the guy you drafted first! This has proven true every year I've palyed FF.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I had Drew Brees and Steven Jackson. On top of that I had baltimore D, and josh scobee with his pregame injury.

oh boy

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Getting a new kicker is always easy. Brees and Balt D will bounce back. Jackson is the one I would worry about. We'll see how the loss of Pace effects his production. But he'll still catch a lot of passes.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i know it was no problem replacing the kicker but my point was that he was dead weight for the week.

yeah im not too worried about brees myself and i agree that the loss of pace may affect jacksons production. i tihnk he'll still go for about 1500 yards, but yes he will definitly catch more passes. He's still going to be a big time fantasy player.

i need a WR badly. my best WR is donald driver. i was banking on my depth but terry glenn is gone. so im banking on a sleeper in arnaz battle. i just have a feeling he's going to put up solid numbers.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I started Devery Henderson yesterday. He'll be on my bench for the rest of the season now. What happened to New Orleans? But I still can win that league - I just need Portis to outplay Reggie Brown tonight. Anyone else getting sick of New Orleans sucking a big one?