Fantasy Baseball Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Thought this would be a good place since I'm sure there's at least a few who are into it.

Got offered A-Rod and either Greg Holland or Joel Peralta for Emilio Bonifacio and Grant Balfour.

As hot as Bonifacio has started the season, I have to pull the trigger right?

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd probably do it. A-Rod isn't a sure thing anymore but should produce, Peralta is underrated. Is Balfour a closer? I'd take that trade prob.

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

bonifacio will beat arod in sb's. runs and avg should be somewhat similar. arod will win rbi/hrs easy.

i'd take it. plus arod has more name recognition so he might be easier to deal later on if you're not happy with him.

i'd probably take holland over peralta assuming farnsworth is back in may. i think there is a much higher chance of broxton losing the job.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

If it's Greg Holland yes. If it's Joel Peralta no.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Just got offered this deal.. it's crazy but we allow draft picks in our league

Miguel Olivo
    Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton

22nd round pick

for

John LuCroy
    2nd Round pick

It almost seems to good to be true, giving up a 2nd is tough but my OF is garbage

Chris Heisey
    Mark Trumbo
    Rick Ankiel (who I p/u) today
    Markakis
    Logan Morrison

the only one who has played with any consistency is Markakis. I'm tempted to take it but wondering what you guys think.

6. VanderbiltJets

If the league has 12 teams or more, if you anticipate to finish in the bottom-half of the league standings, AND if the draft order is snaked and determined by the previous year's records (worst team gets first pick), then do it. Stanton's legit but he's yet to prove he's anything more than a 3rd round pick.

7. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I just accepted an offer. I needed a 2B

I get Madison Bumgarner(SP-SF) and Jason Kipnis(2B-CLE)

I gave up Tim Lincecum(SP-SF) and Stantiago Castillia(RP-SF)

Normal Batting Categories and normal Pitching Categories & (k/9)

Good deal for me?

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Josh Johnson has been TERRIBLE. Pooholes has been AWFUL. R Zimmerman and Ben Zobrist have been even worse. My team is tanking right now.

Jason Kipnis is mashing. He's carrying my club lol

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't know. It depends upon your closer situation and your 2B situation. If you could stand to lose Casilla's saves, then it was a good trade I guess. I don't think there will be huge difference between Lincecum and Bumgarner going forward.

10. Oasis

Oasis Member

My team's hitting has been atrocious, but my starting pitching is in decent shape. I have

-Verlander
    -Hamels
    -Marcum
    -A. Sanchez
    -Capuano
    -Volquez

Luckily, a team with good hitting and no pitching has said that they are willing to trade any hitter for an ace.

So my question is, do you think I should pursue Pujols while he is cold, in hopes that I can get him for a pitcher (Verlander) before he returns to his form?

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If it is a head-to-head league, then you should trade Verlander for Pujols.

Points based league? It would depend on the settings.

12. VanderbiltJets

I like

\\\\

13. VanderbiltJets

First pitcher to trade is Capuano. Sell high on him ASAP. Marcum's next to go if you can deal with someone that's desperate for SP. A 2-for-1 getting a hitter may benefit you greatly. Verlander's sabermetrics show that "he should regress" but he defied them all last year and the peripherals are looking similar to 2011 (albeit slightly worse).

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I just traded Alcides Escobar for Drew Stubbs .

I already have Hanley Ramirez and Jed Lowrie (Dropped Yunel Escobar) at SS and my OFs have been disappointing even though we start 3 in our league. I have BJ Upton, Andrew McCutchen, Nelson Cruz, Delmon Young, and rotate Howie Kendrick from OF to 2B.

Good trade, Bad trade, Decent trade? And should I trade an OF?

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Escobar for Stubbs is a no-brainer. Stubbs could finish with 15 homers and 20 steals whereas Escobar is a punch and judy hitter who might steal 15 bases. Assuming that is a 12-team league, you have enough good OFs to win.

16. JohnnyThaJet

I accepted the trade request very quickly because I thought it was a no-brainer but did hesitate a bit afterwords. Stubbs has been solid this year and position rank wise would technically be my best OF but his career average worries me a bit.

If Stubbs can get me steals and a few homers here and there I'd be very happy.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I would rank him as your 4th best OF behind McCutchen, Cruz and Kendrick. Depending upon who your other 2B is you could stick Kendrick at 2B and go with a Stubbs-Upton platoon at your third OF slot.

I have Stubbs but do not regularly use him. My regular OFs are Alejandro De Aza and Josh Hamilton. My third spot is between Stubbs, Ben Zobrist, Mike Trout and Kendrick. I also have Chris Young on the DL.

18. JohnnyThaJet

I did say technically hahaha, since his position rank is 31. I'd put him 3rd or 4th depending on how Upton bounces back. My other 2B is Omar Infante who is having a nice season thus far.

Here is my team: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=119172&teamId=3&seasonId=2012

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

LOL at the league name and the name of the first place team. I would get banned for a month again for if I wrote anything more.

I would look to trade Colon while he is hot. He will collapse like last year. Nova and Delmon Young could surely be dropped for better players on the free agent wire.

20. JohnnyThaJet

Yeah, everyone has their own feelings about it but its whatever, I still want to have a nice active league. We still have TGGers up in there, its an older league.

I've been thinking about dealing Colon but want to milk a few more starts out of him while I can , he's been really solid.

Ive been so up and down with Nova and Young. Young hits 5th in that great lineup and Nova gets wins and could bounce back, both very attractive. I could drop them but I'm certainly iffy on the situation with no one besides Vargas being attractive in FA.