Fantasy Baseball Keeper League (NEW for 2010)

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GreyhoundJet, Mar 7, 2010.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Hey Wildthing you might want to pick it up or you will be watching the playoffs this year.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

31 IP, 31 K, a 0.58 ERA and a 0.65 WHIP with 3 wins in one night, I'll that that any time lol

3. OneDay

OneDay Member

Little late now, but...

Team 1 gets: Giancarlo Stanton, Nolan Arenado, Michael Brantley, and David Price
    Team 2 gets: Kris Bryant, Carlos Correa, Jose Quintana, and Mike Fiers

I think it was a no brainer in this keeper league.

4. NYJFan10

Honestly I think team one gets the better of that deal value-wise though I guess I can see it from your end since you get Correa and can afford to give up Price with two other stud aces and some other guys that are just off that level (plus a third ace in Fernandez but he's probably an injury risk every year now).

I mean Bryant and Arenado are more or less a wash - maybe slight edge Bryant because of the handful of steals, you might wind up getting more power from Bryant and less of a BA, both guys are fairly young so age isn't really a factor. Stanton's a beast but Correa is probably one of the three most valuable fantasy assets given the position he plays, his age and the fact he's a five-tool guy so I guess I can see that part of it as a slight edge in a keeper, but Price and Brantley for two middling pitchers are definite edge him...and it's not like you're totally in a spot where you need to plan for next year, you're in a playoff spot now.

It's definitely a ballsy trade though.

#664 NYJFan10, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. OneDay

OneDay Member

I should have mentioned I am Team 1.

It makes some of my OFers (Puig, Polanco, Springer, Pederson, and Grichuk) expendable now.

#665 OneDay, Aug 14, 2015
  6. NYJFan10

Ah my mistake, I didn't recognize the username so I thought you were the newer team (Face The Fastball). So yeah I favor your end of the deal.

Getting the top seed might be big down the stretch, not only for the bye but also avoiding the 2-3 matchup in the 2nd round since there are three behemoth teams and everyone else is around .500 or just under it.

#666 NYJFan10, Aug 14, 2015
  7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I overpaid but I had few options and figured Price/Stanton for Correa/Bryant would be worth the extra keeper years. Price's regression likely begins next season and I prefer locking up SS to OF.

8. VanderbiltJets

You definitely benefited from my predicament, 'twas good to make a deal happen. Good luck ROS

9. NYJFan10

Trading for the future's one thing but outright blatant tanking disgusts me. And really there's no reason at all for tanking. Tanking for what, to get the 85th best player (which this season was Jeff Szamardja lol) in a snake draft? You actually had a shot at the playoffs a few weeks ago but then you stopped fielding anywhere close to full lineups and that's ridiculous. Between the fact nothing gets done about this, or the 3-4 other teams that are basically dead every year, or the yearly draft/keeper snafus I don't think I can take this league seriously anymore.

I wasn't going to come back after this season, but I reserve the right to feel differently in March.

#669 NYJFan10, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  10. VanderbiltJets

Agreed. Not much to gain so not much of a big deal. It's unethical but it's a free league so whatever. Ftr I would've fielded a full lineup had I known that I upset anyone. Regardless, good luck to everyone in the playoffs, and you're welcome for eliminating the inactive team.

11. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

2015 playoffs:
    #3 KB Greens's Quest vs. #6 Johnny ThaJet
    #4 Washington Senators vs. #5 Boston Braves

Bye - #1 Lumber Jacks, #2 Flushing Mascots

12. NYJFan10

Well guess that's it for me. At least my opponent didn't shut down all his pitchers early in the week when he had the insanely low ERA/WHIP to start with. A suggestion for next year, you kind of need innings limits in a head-to-head league otherwise you could really just draft and acquire closers up the wazoo (a couple of teams do do this) and try to win Saves, ERA, WHIP cheaply every week.

13. OneDay

OneDay Member

Washington Senators wins it again. His team performed well at the perfect time. Congrats.

Hopefully we can make some changes and keep the league going.

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I try to get an even split between closers / starters but it is hard to compete with the guys who only go for starters. So the better option is to try for ERA, S, Whip.

Congrats Senators!

15. OneDay

OneDay Member

Are we playing this league again this year, or starting new?

16. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I'll keep it going but I want out so I need Greyhound to boot me out since I can't do it myself.

17. NYJFan10

Considering only four teams set keepers and there doesn't seem to be much buzz an hour before the scheduled draft maybe we should just disband entirely.

I was gonna leave too but I guess the Leave League feature's dissapeared now, might as well just wait for the league to shut down anyway. I'd rather not waste an hour with the draft and any time this season if it's going to be just a total joke.

#677 NYJFan10, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I completely lost track of the time