Fangio or Munchak as the next coach of the Denver Broncos.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AlexJETS, Jan 8, 2019.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to be alarmed or happy that the Jets seem to be interviewing mostly different candidates than all these other teams. I can't say anything until they pull the trigger, but it seems like they are doing their due diligence here rather than hiring the first guy they interview out of desperation. I like it.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Kind of surprising that they would go with Fangio when their problems are much more on offense.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Supposedly Fangio had to agree to let Elway choose his coordinators in order to get the job. Gary Kubiak is going to be the OC. I think there's a pretty good chance that this doesn't work out too well for Fangio. The only reason Kubiak left the Broncos was health concerns, and if he's healthy enough to be OC that might not be an issue any more. As long as Elway is in charge, Fangio will be gone the second he decides he wants him gone, and he's going to go with Kubiak over anyone else in that organization if it comes down to a conflict. That makes Kubiak already effectively the co-coach.