Fanduel

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by BeastBeach, Sep 15, 2014.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

College fanduel...never again

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

This is my 2nd week doing fanduel and Im hooked on it. Personally I find it more entertaning than regualr fantasy football but also a lot more stressful

This week I entered 5 leagues for a total of $12 in entry fees. I only have a shot to make money in one league, a $5 entry with 10 people. Im in first place right now which pays $22.50(not a lot of money but id end up actually winning at least something) and im up 17. The 2nd place guy and 3rd place guy are about tied right now, one has dez the other has dallas d. have a bad feeling that colt mccoy could throw a pick 6 or two and dez could go off lol

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Any reason you guys with Fanduel over Draftkings? I like Draftkings because I don't have to draft a kicker, but I haven't tried fanduel yet.

NYDreamer likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Just the first one I tried really. I enjoy the whole concept I might try draftkings though to see if I get better success

5. dawinner127

I've gotten absolutely destroyed the last two weeks. I normally risk about 50$ a week. Last two weeks I haven't won jack!!!

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Does anyone mess with basketball on these sites? I'm recently trying it but it seems a lot more manageable to hit big than football. I'm really just lost with football.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

.Fired up the app today. Nice new update. Playing fantasy baseball for no other reason than I'm bored. Can't wait for ff season!

8. dawinner127

Can't stand baseball.. way too many players and random guys who can go off. FanDuel/DraftKings football can't back soon enough.

Antonio Brown is an absolute MUST play week 1 and 2 with LeVeon out. I can see 10+ / 150 / 1 or 2 scores -- Who is going to cover him on New England? Malcolm Butler? Please...

xmscott likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I just threw in a couple hundred. I've won my very competitive 12 team league 3 of the last 5 years so I am hoping it translates to fanduel

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Rollo? The last Rollo I heard of was Dr Rollo May who wr ote about the meaning of life.

Hmmmm not from Sunnyside but his philosphy is look on the sunnyside if I am not mistaken

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol no he's a made up character from the movie LA Confidential.

_

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG Stokes loved that movie (favorite) Russel Crowe great and KIm Bassinger smoking. whole cast was great Kevin Spacey in it too

13. JStokes

It's my number 2 favorite movie of all time.

Rollo Tomasi is the fake character Kevin Spacey made up to put a face to the unidentified man that killed his father.

He whispered it to the police chief after getting shot and Guy Pearce figured it out.

_

NYDreamer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. NYDreamer

NYDreamer New Member

Daily Fantasy is awesome, I won a decent amount on both Fan Duel and Draft Kings last year and am going to play a few other sites this year. Fantasy Aces uses 2 QBs and Yahoo is new into the game this year, could be a lot of beginners there, hope to take some of their $$!

I just came across a cool site that I am sure will help, Daily Fantasy Power. There are tons of places that tell you who to play, but this looks like a place to tell you where to play them, perfect for me. They even show another site that I had never heard of. I love their mathematical approach.

I am so excited for this new season for so many reasons!

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I feel like the chances are winning are so slim. Daily leagues suck because they're so much harder to predict as opposed to a more stable season long thing.

Is it really that easy to win if you're actually good at fantasy?

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ based on my experience, yes.

Join smaller 50/50 groups or head to head.

Entering larger tourneys is like buying a lotto ticket. Pretty much have to have all highest players correctly selected and even then you will be splitting the pot with other ppl.

17. dawinner127

50/50 is where the $ is at. I also like doing one tournament a week. For the first week I did a 20$ entry in draft kings the 10$ million one. But after this week I'll be back to small 25$ a week or 50/50s.

Week 1: ivory and John brown and Carson Palmer are all on my list. Week 1 ivory vs that weak ass Cleveland D. And Palmer will destroy that shitty New Orleans defense. Especially with their top corner just getting hurt

#57 dawinner127, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I finally succumbed to the overwhelming advertising machine and tried out draft kings. Threw 25 on and played 3 one dollar games just to get a feel for how it works. Hit 2nd place out of 40 in one of them and broke even for the week.

Seems pretty fun - I'm going to try the tournament style this week where it pays bigger amounts to the top 5 or whatever this week. That's more up my alley.

I don't get how this is legal and online poker isn't.

19. dawinner127

It's awesome. I do about 50$ a week. one 20$ tournament and a bunch of 50/50s where the top half doubles their money.

Tournaments are difficult because you need that one guy who no one has.

20. JStokes

I just heard an add on the FAN yesterday for MyBookie.com.

Literally said almost nothing about the site other than MyBookie.com and at the end it said "play just for fun".

True story.

LOL.

_