Ezekiel Elliott granted Temporary Restraining Order

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Sep 8, 2017.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I wonder how many more times this season this thread title will become appropriate again? It's so ridiculous.

FJF likes this.
  2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

How many courts has this gone through in two months?

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

suspension back in place

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous.

How am I supposed to survive this week in fantasy without Hunt, Wentz, Evans, AND Elliott?

Triggered.

5. NYJalltheway

Let me see a better bench than this. Pathetic.[​IMG]

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. What's your record? Should be pretty good with that roster. Somehow, I am only 5-4.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

8. NYJalltheway

I'm 5-4 too. Highest scoring team in the league by 150 points and I'm barely over .500 story of my life..

9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Fantasy football feels so damn random now. Or maybe its always been, but I'm my league's leading scorer too, I'm 5-4 too, and it feels like a total crapshoot whether the same group of players will score 140 two weeks in a row, or suddenly crap out and score 75. Or lose 121-110 to an opponent who hasn't scored over 100 again all year. Meh.

Anyway, I wish I were a lawyer and could make sense of these appeals to the injunction of the appeal of the appeal of the injunction. Best of all, his appeal is now set for December 1st...and that's expedited!?!? So even if he wins he misses 4 games minimum.

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  10. NYJalltheway

I just hope he's back for the fantasy playoffs. That would be brutal to not have him. Yeah you're right. Every time I lose I feel like I would have beaten all the other teams. I am first in points scored against too, so I know it's not just in my head.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm the highest scoring team too at 5-4. I know some leagues are just scoring totals, but I like the week to week, head to head style. Problem is, you can have bad luck. Seems the 3 of us do this season. Fantasy is fun, but frustrating for those reasons. Your intelligence is only 50%. The other 50% is luck.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Elliott withdrew his appeal and will finish the suspension this season.

13. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. His appeal would've been December 1st, that's 4 games gone already, probably a 5th before any decision was made. I don't understand why the appeals process is so slow that a player seeking legal remedy can end up serving nearly his entire suspension even if he wins, but w/e. Another bone for the NFLPA to pick in the next CBA.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The NFL appeals process isn't anywhere near this long, which is why Elliott needed to get injunctions to prevent those rulings from going into effect. This was about scheduling a hearing before the federal 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, and you don't get a hearing before the Circuit Court in a few days; it was expedited, but that still meant a month. You don't get to jump ahead of cases that have already been put on the docket just because you want to.

This was the only decision to make, since he had absolutely no prayer of winning. The federal courts have made very clear that their view is that the players negotiated this process in collective bargaining with a whole bunch of lawyers on their side, so they don't get to complain about it now. If they don't like it they'll just have to negotiate something different under the new CBA - and the NFL will want something in return.

I do wonder if Jerry is going to back off his anti-Goodell crusade now. He also has absolutely no chance of winning any lawsuit, and if he keeps pushing it he just looks like a sore loser and ostracizes himself from the other owners.