Experts expect Jets to finished last in division

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Who are these idiots? Rhetorical question... here is one snippet...

Bill
    Williamson
    ESPN.com
    DIVISION FINISH: 4 I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets made a playoff run, either, but they will have a hard time leapfrogging some very good teams in the division. Yet I expect quarterback Mark Sanchez to help the Jets win seven to nine games.

So... he thinks the Bills will win from 8 to 10 games? :rofl:

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No we arent, our division could be that strong. Add in the 7th most dificult schedule in the league, and rookie starting at QB, plus the fact that 85% of the NFL fans/experts have only ever heard of Jerricho Cotchery from our receiving corps, and you have a recipe for horrendous grades....

but hey if certain aspects pan out we could be a 10 win squad....

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The experts are jerks. But, we have to earn all of our respect. Let's face it, we haven't exactly dominated this decade.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

No but as sad as this is, it is one of the strongest decades in our history....

We were one kick from an AFC title game, we were 1 freak QB injury from being the favorites in 99, hell if we hadnt run into an unstoppable force in 98 we would have won that year, if Chad hadnt started his injury streak in the preseason of 03, who knows?

We have been to the cusp several times this decade, and everytime, we seem to be the victims of circumstance and somehow we just manage to come up short. Hopefully our lifetime of luck is about to change.

#5 nyjetsrule, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did any of them pick the Dolphins to win the division last season? These experts? It's just a bunch of prattle. I doubt half of them could break down a single football play for you.

7. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

no, and a team on paper can't even begin to be a projected loser,,,, just have to see how the season plays out....

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

which is meaningless because it is based on last year and we play those teams this year before we know how difficult those games will be.

a little logical analysis of the difficulty of schedule rank, which is gauged by the win/loss of the opponents from the year before: the Jets won 9 game last year, so our above average amount of wins makes our opponents strength of schedule appear higher than it would be if we outright sucked last year. but the experts don't think we'll be any good this year. how can the Jets not be considered any good this year, yet our presence on our opponents schedule make their strength of schedule more difficult? clearly there is a contradiction between the two, which is why it is meaningless.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i stopped looking at the previews after i read the local wrap here in jax.it said "jets last season 9-7.went 0-8 on the road last season"

10. agrich

agrich New Member

The Ravens and Falcons are going to finish last a year ago because they were starting rookie quarterbacks.

11. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

They are right, in this case. This team will be lucky to win 5 games.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

First off, I think Buffalo is a bad team. Second, I think Miami is an overrated team, without the cushy schedule. If the Patriots' defense can hold up, their offense is essentially the same one that set the all-time friggin NFL record for scoring two years ago. The question is, how bad is their defense.

That is all.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Who are you Raiderjoe?

This is a 9 win team that has essentially replaced an 11 game HOF QB, with a 16 game talent on offense (which is a wash), and lost a wideout.

On Defense, they have upgraded at LB, Secondary,Line, and Scheme and Coaching.

to me thats a 2 game positive swing.

14. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

this team is more talented then last years team. the only different is favre and sanchez. I'd assume you think Sanchez will play dreadful because thats the only way they'll be "LUCKY" to win 5 games.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nobody other than Jets fans expect them to do anything this year and why would they? If some other team had a rookie HC, rookie QB, and questionable depth everywhere we'd be writing them off as well. It's up to the NYJ to prove them wrong.

16. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Quite interesting revisiting this. Curious to know where the experts think we'll finish this year.

17. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

They think you'll finish 1st this year...

... and they'll be wrong again. :)

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Why must you be so concerned with what ESPN 'experts' think?

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I hope they pick us last again in the division

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else start reading this wondering how anyone could pick us to finish last this year? Took me several posts to realize this was from last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.