Excellent shot at an upset today

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Br4d, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the Jets have a very good chance to upset the Patriots today. They've had two weeks to look at film and make specific adjustments for the Pat's and they've also made some significant changes on the defensive side of the ball.

The D-Rob at nose tackle experiment is over for the moment. Rashad Moore will start at NT and likely play 60% or more of the downs there. D-Rob will start at right end and will play the majority of the downs there. It'll be interesting to see who lines up in the middle when Moore is getting a breather.

David Barrett has used the two weeks off to recover some from the lingering hip injury that has cut into his first half playing time. He's likely to start in the defensive backfield and also see a majority of the downs. The Jet's pass defense will be healthier than it's been in four or five weeks and it couldn't happen at a better time. Look for the Jets to have the nickel package in early and often as they try to disrupt Brady's reads.

The Jet's defensive staff knows that they are on the spot against the Pats and the odds are that they'll be very aggressive early on. Look for a return of the corner blitz off of the nickel package as early as the first quarter.

On the offensive side Chad Pennington has had two weeks to mull over his terrible performance in Cleveland. Look for him to come out gunning his precision passes and getting the ball to Coles, Cotchery and Baker. Watch also for a new wrinkle in the Jet's offense, with Leon Washington getting a bunch of screens thrown his way.

All in all it should be a very fun game to watch. I don't usually do score predictions but I'm smelling Jets 27-Patriots 24 when all is said and done.

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Two quickies from me....

Jets have to go at Harrisons spot early.

I want to see a trick play. The handoff /flip back to the QB. Fake punt with Graham or Smith doing something. Some type of lateral....Something! This is the spot for it. The disciple paying back the master for the master switching to the 4-3 in the first game, clearly something the master picked up from an episode of Kung Fu.

3. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I think it's going to be one of those games where the Jets are in it until midway through the 4th. They'll be hanging around, but at the end, the Pats have the weapons and the ability to make the plays when needed. The Jets have been maturing progressively all season, a win here would be great, but it may be too much to ask.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think this will come down to which coach makes a pressured mistake first , and judging by BBs bulging vein in his neck I would say that he has more to lose.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It made me think of Rocky, but not quite, where he trained to fight southpaw, but decided against it at the end.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He is starting to look more and more like a blood-pressure risk every time I see him on the sideline.

7. TraGiC

TraGiC New Member

wow u are a muse