Everything's going the wrong way!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Offseason, Mar 4, 2006.

1. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

Dammit. This is not what I hoped for. A week ago it looked like Chad was going to be cut and we were gonna draft a rookie QB, whether it be Cutler or Leinart or whoever you please. Instead, its looking like Chad is gonna be kept and were gonna get some dump like Kitna or Ramsey. Crap.

2. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

First of all you are stupid.

Second of all, Offseason, the Jets can still draft a QB of the future even if we keep Chad and sign a vet.

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

the way its looking their still gonna draft a qb first round

5. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

Well that leaves us with 4 QBs, and I assume one of them would get the axe, most likely Bollinger. But I guess its really who proves themselves the most in training camp.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I actually like this idea better.

7. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

ok I'm stupid:rolleyes: you really wanna see another thread complaining about our QB situation? Regardless... if we keep chad we are either going to draft a QB in the first rnd or bring a Vet to come in and compete. If anything this thread is "stupid". Brady Quinn 07 baby!

8. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I agree. Drop Penny. Start Bollinger this year. Groom a QB of the future. Chad was done after his first surgery. Remember how he was throwing before he got hurt last year?

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's because he wasn't anywhere near fully recovered. Herm and co. allowed him to rush back before being fully recovered.

I wouldn't rule Chad out completely... He's had a ton of time to rehab and get back into playing form. It's unlikely that he will ever be the same but not impossible. I will be happy if we can keep him and aquire a vet to compete with him. I'd focus on building the o-line in this year's draft.

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I still think we will draft a QB this year. I don't think they will get a vet QB, but they could put Chad on the "PUP" list, meaning he'd miss the first six weeks of the season.... then make a decision on who to keep. Pennington should have been PUP'd last year. Hopefully, they don't repeat that mistake.

11. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Doesn't matter if he was ready or not. He played anyway. The guy is coming off two shoulder surgeries, had a weak arm to begin with, and won't be throwing until well after FA / Draft. Too much time to invest for a team that is rebuilding. Let's turn the page and get on with the next chapter of Jets history. Pennington era is in the books.