Everyone opinion On will Sheldon Richardson be traded

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ohnoit'sGeno, Apr 21, 2017.

1. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

You said if he (Sheldon Richardson) plays really well it could jeopardize the Jets draft position. From that remark I have to think you are hoping the Jets have a bad season in order to draft a FQB. That is not the type of fan I am and I have been a fan since 1964.

There are a possible five QBs that will go in the first round next year and most are rated higher the the QBs of 2017. The Jets can grab a FQB next year.

Pags2112 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

On some level, we're both probably right. Macc sees the 1st we got for sending very-greedy, busted-knee Revis to the Bucs and thinks why not another 1st for healthy, dominant Sheldon Richardson? Yes, I know Sheldon has not helped his cause with smoking pot and driving crazy, but many teams over looks these things to get more talent in on their teams. Besides, teams can write stuff into the new contract that protects them if they're that concerned.

Problem with Richardson is he's been forced into playing OLB for the last 2 yrs so many teams and their fans are like "Sheldon who?".

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not all five of those QBs may enter the draft next year. Some could also get injured or have a horrible season. If the Jets want a real chance at getting that FQB in next year's draft, they can win no more than 2-3 games. With the way the Jets do things, it's not inconceivable that they could win 4-6 and knock themselves out of getting a QB next year. They always win more than they should in years where they could get players who can really help them at positions of need, then they miss out on them. In years where the draft is terrible, the Jets lose bigtime, but get little or no help from the draft.

I've been a fan since 1964 as well and have suffered through enough BS, embarrassment, incompetence, defensive-minded HCs, horrific QB play, and the like. This team needs to find a FQB, get a competent offensive-minded HC and win. Enough is enough!

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"This guy -- I shouldn’t say [he has] a chip on his shoulder -- I think he kind of has something to prove," Jets Defensive Coordinator Kacy Rodgers said, perhaps trying to light a motivational fire.

When that remark was relayed to Richardson, he shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm proven, honestly," he said. "I just have to get more stats. It's my contract yea
    r."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...myths-surrounding-the-jets-sheldon-richardson
    ------

#104 BrowningNagle, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  5. Not a proven winner or leader,honestly.That much is for certain.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sheldon is a straight cancer, he needs to be let go ... how is it that the Seahawks took McDowell over taking Sheldon in the 2nd round? There could be a rift over in Seattle with Wilson, Sherman and Carrol so it would make sense not to bring in a Sheldon. To think, people wanted this guy resigned over Mo.

FJF likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Gotta agree with the Semeni myth angle. Tho I didn't like clicking on that. I'm skeptical of this guy at the 3t too. Wanna see it. If he's so good there, he'll be playing it. He had all the opportunities in the world to get to the QB the last two years and really didn't. Not sure if he's stout enough inside either. Playing along side Mo, Cat, and Snacks didn't hurt in '14. He was the the one who benefited, statistically. Snacks earned his money.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Sheldon is a big time goof off. He played his position more then enough last year and got little pressure and sacks. Hopefully some one will think they can straighten him out and make us any kind of offer. Hope to see him gone before full time practice has started. There's still the chance that some one will get dinged and that team needs another DL during practice.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/5/26/15701296/jets-shopped-sheldon-to-seahawks-bucs-colts

Richardson played 618 of his 736 total snaps on the defensive line, which means he played 88% of his snaps at his natural position.

With 1.5 sacks he was outperformed by Wilkerson who had 1 leg.

Pags2112 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sheldon. Like many Jet players last season... had a bad year.

But 2016 doesn't erase the fact that after 3 years of NFL play Richardson has played in 55 games and has recorded 242 tackles, 18 sacks & 3 fumble recoveries along with Rookie of the Year & Pro-Bowl honors.

As a longtime suffering fan. I'd much rather...

A.) See Sheldon learn from his previous mistakes (as a young man) and stay completely out of trouble.

B.) Reemerge as an impactful D-Lineman while dominating behind the L.O.S.

C.) Prove himself as a defensive force while getting signed (as a Jet) long term. In order to dominate alongside of Wilkerson and Williams for years to come.

As an NYJ fan. That's what I'm hopeful for and looking to see out of a young Sheldon Richardson moving forward.

Rather than...

D.) Just getting rid of a 26 year old while kicking him to the curb at the same time.

It's just funny to me. How quick Jet fans are to run a player out of town. As if Sheldon doesn't deserve the opportunity to re-deem himself as a man and/or if he hasn't learned from his off the field mistakes.

As far as I'm aware Sheldon never got arrested as a kid while @ the Gateway Institute of Technology High School in St. Louis or got into any off the field troubles while in college @ the University of Missouri.

And as far as I'm aware, after Richardson was arrested on July 14th of 2015 (going on two years ago) he's yet to run into any trouble ever since. If so? I'd like to know when.

And as far as I'm aware... on January 26th of 2016, he was found guilty of reckless driving and resisting arrest. He was fined $1,050, received 2 years of probation, and was ordered to undergo 100 hours of community service.

Wake me up when he either violates probation, does not compete his 100 hours of community service or gets in trouble again for the first time since dating back to July 14th of 2015.

Until that happens? Let's not act as if you're some time of Saint in which has never in your life made a mistake; as did Sheldon going on two years ago (7/14/2015).

As a fan I've got a player like Sheldon's back, and simply want him to do good from here on out. Ever since 7-14-2015 it's been "so far, so good" in terms of off the field behavior.

It's just sad to see (some) Jet fans attempt to run him out of town at the young age of 26; while acting as if he's some type of Pacman Jones, Aldon Smith, Kenny Britt, Chris Henry, Albert Haynesworth etc type of problem child with multiple arrest(s) ala ASJ & his two DUI's.

All I'm saying is let's not make him out to be a person in which he's not ala "a career criminal with multiple arrest(s)". Because that he is not.

#111 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it's sad to see Jets fans who are blind to reality and don't care about character or discipline. I'm sorry that you can't see that it's not just about Sheldon and/or what he deserves. It's about what's wise/best for the team, and what the Jets can afford. They don't need to be and can't afford to be paying Leon, Mo and Sheldon big bucks. Even if they could afford it, it would be stupid. The least important unit in a 3-4 D alignment is the DL. Paying a huge chunk of the salary cap to the DL would be totally stupid.

The Jets are also trying to build a culture here. They don't need distractions or bad eggs spoiling the locker room. Sheldon's shooting his mouth off several times in the last couple of weeks is all the proof we need that he's not gonna change and is not the kind of player one should want to build around.

#113 NCJetsfan, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Pags2112 likes this.
  14. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

It's more complicated that that. We can't afford to tie up major cap space on 3 guys who can't be on the field at the same time.

Even if Shelden were a boy scout - once we drafted Leo and paid Wilkerson his fate was sealed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Good post! That's exactly the point I was going to bring up ... the casual fans are those that were stooped to believe Sheldon played out of position all year.

The loss of Snacks was apparent last year and the stats proved it, year off or not. A healthy McLendon helped but Deon Simon was the DL surprise of the year. Deon Simon will be expected to make a big leap this year and actually had a decent 2016 for the Jets, earning snaps down the stretch after starting out on Special Teams. Big D actually was 14th in Special Teams snaps with 108. He also played 204 defensive snaps to McClendons 381. His stats could translate to decent numbers in an expanded role. But isn't everyone expected to have a big leap year, this year. Guess we will see. Goes to show how important depth is on a team .. and I'm pleased that we are addressing it.

16. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I agree .. I'm a defensive loving guy myself but as NCJ stated, we cannot tie up mad crazy money on the DL. Richardson is also shooting his mouth off lately .. almost like he thinks the Jets are stuck with him and saying either:

A) I'm gonna say what I want cause your stuck with me and Bowles doesn't have the balls to not play me.
    B) I'm gonna say what I want cause I'm not gonna be here after this year anyway, or maybe even this year. I don't care whose feathers I ruffle.
    C) This is me and if you don't like it tough. I'll Geno your face.

As another poster stated .. I think each team needs someone to play the Bad Guy Role, but Sheldon just has trouble written all over him now. I was one of his biggest advocates until the negativity started, you CAN play the bad guy role WITHOUT literally playing the bad guy off the field. IMO, he's gonna play nice right up until he gets a new contract and new fresh money. After that .. and I'll bet anyone .. his play will decline and suspensions will be imminent.

#116 Pags2112, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

One doctor has told Fairley he should quit football, he is waiting on a second opinion. This could be the landing spot for Richardson which could possibly net the Jets a halfway decent draft pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-nic...octor-awaiting-another-opinion-185955120.html