Everyone opinion On will Sheldon Richardson be traded

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ohnoit'sGeno, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

At this point even getting productive play out of Richardson would be better than nothing.

If Marshall, who has a past history of being locker room cancer, was part of the problem .. I hope the Eli hits Marshall on a WR pop or Screen and Richardson running with a full head of steam, cleans his clock. Take the Snoopy Bowl Trophy, if there is one, home.

#81 Pags2112, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    NYJetsO12 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It really was funny and the reporters really did bait him into saying it.
    The rift in the locker room was really bad last year. I read a report earlier today that Bowle's had to physically separate Marshall and Richardson after a game all the way back in September. It's not just Richardson who had issues with Marshall either, nor just defensive players.
    Funny thing is, Marshall has left every team he has played for the same way.
    Disliked by most of his teammates

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

More from Sheldon: in a separate interview with Newsday. Richardson said Marshall was a drama queen, and also called him "selfish" and a "locker room cancer."
    Bowles should really step up and quite Richardson now. No more distractions needed.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sheldon just doesn't get it man. I'll take a 5th rounder at this point.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Did you read the article? Kacy Rodgers said the same thing you said about Richardson being used in his normal 3 technique position so he can prove to people how good he is.

Richardson's reply: " I'm already proven, this is a contract year"

They need to move this guys ASAP, he may play well for jets but the jets will not gain anything via trade as they have no leverage.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Richardson's agent must be pulling his hair out. The guy just basically announced to the league that he's playing for numbers this year so he can get paid and chill.

7. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

More you hear this stuff from Sheldon Richardson , the more you're convince he won't be a part of the 2017 Ny Jets. ( they are going to talk up s Richardson all the way up to training camp( smart move), and take the best offer they get).

When you're trying to get the ship running in the right direction, you have to get the cancer's like Sheldon Richardson off the team. This isn't the kind of player you want mentoring the young guys. By subtracted him from the roster, could be the biggest addition.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Yep it is an eye opening theme with Marshall's career. He seems like a nice guy but he really did divide the locker room last year. To this day, Fitz fails to take responsibility of his failures last season. Hopefully Richardson will play his ass off in a contract year where the locker room is more cohesive.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think you're dreaming, my friend, if you think Richardson will play his ass off. He has already said that he thinks he has nothing to prove and deserves big money. If he does play his ass off, I hope it's on another team. I despise his ass more than any other Jets player ever.

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

For the time he's here I'm hoping that he plays his ass off. I don't like him as a person, but right now him playing well would benefit the team and that's all I really care about right now. Whether he plays well, or has the drive to be great, well who knows.... The talent was and is never a question with Richardson, its his attitude, priorities and football drive. I'm leaning towards not expecting much, but I really do believe that since Football is such a team sport, there is something to be said about how a bad locker room affects a players productivity, in some instances.

11. NCJetsfan

I disagree that it would benefit the team if he plays well here. It would just embolden here to speak out more, and could quite possibly keep the Jets from being able to get a QB in the next draft. I'd rather he be gone. Whatever benefit he would give to this season would be short-term. The Jets aren't going to re-sign him. He will be a FA next year, and more than likely, the Jets will sign several FAs and will get zero for him in return. I'd rather they trade him now, even if it's for a bag of kicking tees and footballs.

As far as a bad locker room affecting players, I agree, but he was one of the ones causing the bad locker room. He needs to go ASAP.

The other issue is that if he stays and plays really well this season, not only could the Jets draft position be screwed, but it may help Bowles remain as HC. Bowles could decide to switch to a 4-3 front full time. Since the team has no legit 4-3 DEs (in terms of pass rushers, although Jenkins could man one spot), that would mean that the team would have yet another position that they would focus on and make a priority in the draft. In addition, it would keep the logjam of Mo, Williams and Richardson. The Jets cannot afford to pay all 3, especially to have one of them sitting on the bench half the time.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sheldon in the 3t will be a monster this year. We'll have to tag him and hope we can workout a trade with someone. This guy was born to be a 3

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahahahaha.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

But end of the day, MacCagnan agrees with me, or Richardson would already be gone, no? Richardson is the fastest and most dominant lineman we have. Teams are paying similar players $15-$20M per and tripping over each other to draft these guys (see overall #1 draft pick a few weeks ago). So once a player like Myles Garrett or Leonard Williams or Sheldon Richardson get drafted, they're only worth a 4th rounder to anyone else? Please child.

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

idk where the narrative that Sheldon doesn't play his ass off on the field came from. At times it looks like #91 is the only Jet that gives a shit out there..

Yeah he's said some crazy things to the media... yeah he's digging too deep in the Marshall situation..

He's ALWAYS made it known he wants to be paid big money when his time comes.. but I wont pretend he doesn't play like a man that deserves it..

Blame Mr. Play Sheldon At LB for his "bad year" .. idk what the hell Bowles was thinking.. and as a 3 Sheldon is damn sure right he's proven! Rookie of the year followed up by a pro-bowl season and helped make up one of the NFL's nastiest D-lines since he's been in the league. When he's locked in no one offensive lineman is stopping him... he flat out toys with the O-Tackles that can't hold him and he taunts them the whole game i love it.. last year was a POS year for everyone starting with Toilet Bowles playing everyone out of position. Quit all this trade him for anything talk... it's ridiculous I hope he goes out there and has an all-pro year and GET RE-SIGNED BY THE NY JETS!!!

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, playing him at LB was ridiculous and it's too late to trade him for anything as everybody knows he is a free agent after this year. I just don't know where he plays on this team. just another idiotic in this case non-move by our moron gm.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Agreed. On the field, it is tough to not like Richardson. Dude plays 100 mph out there, often looking like the only one who cares. I thought that a few separate times last season.

Off the field, yea, its a bit different. And that will eventually cost him some money.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Don't twist my words. I didn't say that once a player is drafted his value goes down to a 4th for anyone else. Richardson is different, however. He has lowered his own value due to his mouth and his off-field actions. If you don't think he has, then you haven't been paying attention.

Mac doesn't agree with you. He's not gonna give Richardson away if he can help it. He tried to trade Richardson last year, but the best offer he got was from the Cowboys (a 2nd). Mac is trying to get a #1 pick for Richardson due to his talent, but is learning that talent isn't everything, and that character matters to some teams, and the status of the contract matters as well. I'll bet now that he wishes he had taken the Cowboys offer. I'll be that the best offer he has gotten now for Richardson is a 4th or 3rd. Mac should know that if he doesn't get something for Richardson now, they'll lose him next year and get nothing in return.

Conversely, if Mac plans to keep Richardson, then he should be fired. Trying to keep Richardson, Williams and Mo is stupid. That's too much money tied up on the DL which isn't even the most important unit in a 3-4 base alignment. When you're paying that kind of coin to players they need to be starters and on the field most of the time, not sitting on the bench or being a rotational player. Richardson is best as an interior player, a 3T in a 4-3 base front. That's not what the Jets run. They could convert to a 4-3 front, but then Mo and Williams would be rotating at the other OT spot, and they have zero 4-3 DEs. That would mean even more high draft picks would have to be used on the D and the offense continue to be ignored. IMO that would be a fireable offense as well.

19. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

I do not know what kind of Jet fan you are but for me I want all 53 players to play lights out every game. I want to win every game. I want to go to the playoffs.For you to be worried about the draft that is a YEAR AWAY is NUTS. I will get banned but I think you are TOTAL !@#%^&*

20. NCJetsfan

I'm a sane and realistic Jets fan, not a delusional one.

Sorry you feel that way about me, but so be it. I can live with that and hope you aren't banned. I'm even sorrier that you are so delusional that you think the Jets can get to and win a SB continuing on the same mediocre path.

I didn't say that I didn't want the players to play hard and play their best. I defy you to find anywhere I have said that. What I have said is that they are lacking the talent or the CS to go anywhere this year and they desperately need a FQB. Unless Petty or Hack proves this year that he can be that FQB, they desperately need to get one in the draft next year. They will never get anywhere near, much less win a SB until they get that FQB. If you can't see that is the truth and understand that, you're the one with the problem, not me.