ESPN radio: Dolphins sigh Harrington

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by brothermoose, Apr 20, 2006.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is the right spot for this, but anything the f'in fins do affects our boys.

It will be interesting to see Ramsey vs. Harrington later in the season, which is who I predict will be starting the first time we play.

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

They have to work out a trade before he's a Dolphin. Matt Millen has to come down on his asking price, which is a 3rd round pick right now.

3. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

HAHAHAH the dolphins just keep getting dumber and dumber, but the positive part is that we may face Harrington the first time we play them because Culpepper may not be back yet, either way we still win!!!!!

:finssuck:

4. Hazardous Waters

I'd like this to happen.

A lot.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would sigh too if we signed Harrington

6. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Both Harrington and Culpepper are better then who they had so I not that happy about it.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Harrington is going to be a good QB. This is bad for us. I wasn't the least bit worried about Culpepper, but Harrington is going to help the Fins.

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I thought they agreed to a contract, but Harrington wasn't released yet so he couldn't officially sign.

9. Langdon15

Langdon15 New Member

I think it's a good move for Miami. With rumors flying that Culpepper may not be ready to play next season, or at least part of it, the Dolphins are getting a former first round pick for, probably, a 4th or 5th rounder. It's less a risk than spending a pick on a guy there.

They'll probably sign him to something where they can option out after a year and if it turns out that he can start to turn his career around a bit, they'll have trade leverage having both he and Culpepper.

Now, I never thought Harrington was worthy of a top ten pick, he was very overhyped. But if they sign him to the right kind of deal, they really don't have much to lose.

10. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

It's a three year deal but the third year is essentially an option.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

N
    F
    L
    Forum

N
    F
    L
    Forum

C'mon, sing along!

#11 Royal Tee, Apr 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  12. MyFavoriteMartin28

MyFavoriteMartin28 New Member

This whole scenario is stupid. First off, Joey Harrington had this whole speech after the sesaon how he was goin to start off fresh and he was goin to be a starter this year. And now he's goin to spend most of the time riding wood because of Culpepper.DUMB MOVE

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I disagree, I think that it's quite a smart move. Culpepper is probably gonna miss the start of next season and who knows when he'll be ready to play or if he can stay on the field after such a severe injury. This is the closest thing that Harrington was gonna get to a starting job and he's going to see the field a bit. Worst case scenario he is a backup on a contending team (beats the hell out of backing up in Detroit.)

From the Dolphins perspective it's a smart move also. Harrington is far from ideal, but that's why he's the backup and not the starter. If/when Culpepper goes down I would feel a lot more secure with Harrington going into the game than Brock Berlin or Cleo Lemon.

14. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

very sensible and very correct. He's not our saviour, that's D Culpepper when he's healthy again. Harrington is better than our backups and is at least as good as Frerotte was. He's cheap. Win-Win situation.

15. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Maybe the talk of Daunte coming back later then expected is true and he'll start from Week 1?

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Stat wise Culpepepr is better but w/ Gus they won 9 gas last year while in daunte's "best" year of '04 Minny won 8 gams and I think the most games Harrington has won is 6 so there's no doubt Gus is better than Harrington.

By the way Joey may be starting:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/special_packages/columnists/14382736.htm

17. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

"There is a chance that former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper's rebuilt knee could keep him out the entire regular season with the Miami Dolphins."
    -------------

Of course there "is a chance". There's been a chance he could miss the 2006 season since the day it was diagnosed. Like that's news or something? weak...

Not to mention the source of this report??....."Twin Cities"....big surprise there. :rolleyes: SHEESH....

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not weak, he was talking as if he'd be ready for Week 1 and now word is he could miss alot mroe than just the early part of the season.

19. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Everybody knew the day we made thise trade that Culpepper could miss some of the 2006 season. What's changed since then???....NOTHING.

Of course he's going to say he'll be ready, he wants to be ready. It's really not up to him, all he can do is keep rehabing, and hope his knee is strong enough by the time the season starts. What else is there to this re-re-gurgitated story???....

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Miss a game or two, part of the season, ALL of the season? Awful lot of unknown packed up there. lol Nice of the Fins to donate to the Culpepper charity fund by signing him. :)