ESPN: Jets' Sam Darnold wins over Josh Norman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I knew about Gordon’s mental break, the child support thing just came out today. Apparently he’s being threatened with Jail time if he does not pay.

I don’t know much about Callaway.

The browns should have a nice weapons group, albeit an unstable bunch.

I really like the Jets mix this year. Kearse is a good possession guy and Anderson is always a threat to take the top off the defense. If Pryor and Enunwa provide anything it’s a very solid core.

I think they are both better than the cards, simply because Zona has perhaps the worst line in the NFL and two non mobile injury prone QBs behind it. I see their season unfolding in disaster

BacktoQueens likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm not sure on the particulars of Gordon's child support case, but from what I understand, the child's mother's attny is trying to collect payment based on his salary while playing, for the time he was suspended and is essentially trying to publicly blackmail Gordon. He has threatened to release sensitive, emarassing personal information on Gordon if he doesn't pay .
    I had high hopes for Enunwa and Pryor but neither seems to be able to stay healthy. Hopefully Enunwa is just banged up. Pryor admitted, much to Bowles dismay, that he had a much more severe injury than reported.
    The Cards have a bad O line, no Question, but there are several teams with worse O lines, unfortunately that includes the Jets. I'll add the Bills , Houston, and Seattle off the top of my head.

3. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

He’s right preseason is meaningless. Darnold is also the real deal

4. MeanGreenMachine88

This really hasn’t been true since Rex left

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is not often that an INT is a good play. But last night it was the right play by Darnold. It was 4th down, no one open, no room to run and surrounded by 4 defenders. Better to take a chance than a sack.

Geno would have run backwards. Sanchez would have fallen down to avoid a hit or panicked and fumbled. Taking a chance was the correct play and the only way to not lose the ball.

Far to often QBs worry about the negative fallout from an int or incompletion and take sacks rather than risk an Int on 4th down. How often did we see sanchez throw hail Mary's through the end zone to avoid the risk of an int. It was nice to see darnold put the team ahead of stats.

#45 Noam, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  6. MeanGreenMachine88

I’ve yet to see the kid look scared it’s a good sign

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Darnold made a far better decision here. Pretty much the same situation.

8. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This thread is interesting because last night when Josh Norman was interviewed during the game, he was praising Teddy Bridgewater and how he was playing and actually gave him the nod over Darnold. He said something to the effect that Bridgewater was carving up their D. So I guess the issue is when you ask Josh Norman about the Jets QB situation. After practice he was impressed with Darnold; during the game he was impressed with Bridgewater.... This is a good problem to have.