ESPN Firings: NFL Reporters

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2017.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so more white guys, less black people. got it. thanks for your opinion.

i peg you as a 35-60 year old white guy from the suburbs.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why is that a bad thing?

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We need more Asians

Poeman and alleycat9 like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

and LGBT's

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So your response to "less political and social agenda, more sports" is to imply that the poster is racist.

You must be one of the few Smith and Hill watchers. Which is in fact a very bad thing - it lowers your IQ, as evidenced by your post.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  6. FJF

Not only did he imply the other poster was racist he then showed himself to be racist.

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

One of the sportscasters I posted is black. I was going to post Stuart Scott as well but he unfortunately has passed away (RIP). He and Stan Verrett are two of my favorites. Some racist I am.

Color has nothing to do with it. Topic of conversation has everything to do with it. You're terribly ignorant, yourself racist and are clearly one of those people that feel the need to pull race into everything. You and Michael Smith would get along well.

You pegged wrong, dickhead.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Well, you're wrong here.
    Only white suburban middle aged men are racists. So by definition he is not.

FJF likes this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Like any of that nonsense on ESPN is actually good otherwise. Omfg. You're not allowed to criticize Sheldon Richardson either if you're a 35-60 caucasian from the suburbs.

#69 Walt White, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Espn has been a failing product for a long time and it's to late to reverse the regression people have found other outlets for their sports news

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

well this got interesting quick. I mean, as an African American, I have to agree that "On the 6" is pretty unoriginal and tries too hard to appeal to social media / liberals / minorities. It's stereotypical, and I personally HATE stereotypes. In movies, etc ESPN is purely entertainment at this stage. Personally, I don't favor any political side either, though conservatives can eat a fat dick more-so.

Like I mentioned before, it's no different then MTV. Get your information elsewhere. Sportscenter is dead, just like Rap City in the basement or that early morning MTV morning music video show where "video killed the radio star" debuted on

Poeman and Walt White like this.
  12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cimini should be next

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. alleycat9

no not at all.

14. alleycat9

haha so i am an ignorant racist for pointing out that you trashed 2 hosts (whom i dont care for or watch) and then posted a bunch of pics of middle aged white guys stating that this is what you wish was still on. gotcha. and you did edit your post because i recall there being about 6 or 8 pictures not 4.

its descriptive, not ignorant.

15. FJF

Then what was the point in bringing it up in the first place? Because he named a bunch of white former anchors?how was that furthering the conversation? I really don't understand the reasoning behind that statement if it wasn't to race bait. He was saying he liked the old format back and there weren't many black anchors from the peak of sports center.

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Your comment was racist because you completely ignored the merit of the argument (i.e. Sports vs social agenda) and immediately went to race.

The poster spoke of professional qualities of past vs present bspn reporters. You only saw color of their skin. This is racist, by definition.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You recall completely wrong. I edited my post 7 minutes after I made it when I noticed a grammatical error, and didn't change any of the pictures. It's time stamped for you in case you didn't notice. I trashed two hosts whom are garbage hosts for their content, not for their skin color. Then added three pictures of 5 people, one of which is the same skin color of the hosts I bashed.

You brought race into this. I did not. You are completely ignorant and grasping at straws to make this about race, not content.

Looks like most everyone is in agreement with me and you surely made yourself look like a douchebag. Good work bud.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

alleycat, to be honest you jumped the gun and posted "hey look, a middle aged white guy" before JV posted his cavalcade of caucasians.

And as for him "trashing 2 hosts" (Jamele Hill and Michael Smith), so, what's the point?

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I have been in Sports media for 7 years ( we drive revenue) and in my group I am the only minority....The rest are all white people, not even a one black person in this team. How fucked up is that?

I've finally had it with this place, been trying to leave for months.

Also, I cannot stand THE SIX on Sportscenter, it is exactly what ganggreen said...A lame ass stereotype that tries so hard. Jemele Hill is very hard to listen to as well.