ESPN Firings: NFL Reporters

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AJT73, Apr 26, 2017.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They're probably not going to fire most of the people that deserve it, they only fire those people when they make a racist or sexist remark, and a lot of times not even then.

2. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

alleycat9 and JetBlue like this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This irks me. He has some real talent IMO and on top of that he is a really good dude. A few years ago when Lundberg was by himself from 4-6 am they had this thing called fanalist Friday and I actually got invited to join them on air for a show after the NFL Draft. He bought me breakfast and it was just a really cool experience with him and the producer.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I liked Robin alone, Golic Jr is terrible

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah I stopped listening when they put them together. Robin was really funny alone but I wasn't crazy when they put them together.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I never understood why they were pushing Jr. so hard. The kid played a couple of years in college, has no knowledge of pro sports, no real connections to pro athletes, no inside take. His dad at least played pro and even though he is pats sucker, his player's perspective is interesting.

Junior, not so much.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I heard Jay Cutler is available.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well it was pointed out all of the damn human interest stories during the draft but absolutely no coverage of trades and quick run throughs of scouting reports with barely any substance. Lord knows we needed another 5 minute segment on the Travis Rudolph story sitting with the autistic kid. Nice story, but they spend too much time on shit like this.

They've tried to broaden their audience when they are neglecting what their base demographic of males 18-54 want and that sporting news.

They're also annoyingly liberal.

BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I watched the NFLN one. It was terrible also, unless you are entertained by an orangutan making all of the Colts' day 3 picks.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

ESPN is trying very hard to attract female viewers. That's why the draft coverage went to hell this year and probably why the network as a whole has gone to hell over the last 5 years or so.

What they don't understand is that the female viewers who will tune in, and there are a lot of them, are more hardcore sports fanatics than most of the guys. They want hard sports info just as much as we do and they hate the tutti-frutti crapola even more than we do. They can always turn to Lifetime if they want that stuff. They tune to ESPN for SPORTS.

12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Seeing Kay Adams all dolled out on the red carpet was well worth any of the nonsense that followed.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Someone actually watched the red carpet? I was scrolling through the guide a little before the draft started, so I could set the draft to record, and I saw the red carpet show. Was wondering what kind of football fan would ever have interest in watching that.

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine a woman who is not a rabid football fan watching a draft show. And by rabid I mean RABID. Women do not waste their time as much as men do

Br4d likes this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Do you think the draft red carpet show was for men?

As far as the "Women do not waste their time as much as men do", there are a multitude of reality shows and soap operas that would beg to differ.

Freddy Mondo and Red Menace like this.
  16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

The TV in my workshop is on NFLN 24/7. I walked by, saw Kay, decided to pull up a stool and got comfy for a while. Aside from drooling over Kay, the show was pretty good. Listening to these guys and their moms and dads gave a pretty good insight into the players you don't see on game tape.

The Waterboy likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

their draft coverage was absolutely terrible. the draft is a football junkie's day of glory. The draft itself gives you enough drama that you don't have to spend time with cutsy side stories. Just give us a damn scouting report on the player, how is that asking too much????

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Be glad you didn't! It was awful!

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It sucks really as I watched ESPN's covered solely because of Louis Riddick. He's the best analyst among the two networks. And he didn't even cover Day 2 or 3.

NFL Network is usually a terrible blend of former players like Marshall Faulk that offer barely any legitimate insight. It's insulting to the real fan.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Think that the NFL Network is only good for football while ESPN does all of sports.