Epic Choke by Tebow's former team

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CowboysFan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Manning choked, ok, but what do you call the blowout that Tebow was a part of in the divisional round game? You know, the one that Brady almost threw more TOUCHDOWNS than he threw COMPLETIONS? You know the game that Tebow completed less than 35% of his passe, you know, against the 31st ranked defense? Who choked that game?

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Is Tebow even in the NFL? This thread is about Tebow's former team not Tebow.

Lets advance the discussion, Tebow will not be playing in 2013 no reason to bring him up, lets stay on topic....like this:

[​IMG]

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

It is about Tebow since you said:

Tebow as Broncos QB = 1 Playoff Win
    Manning as Broncos QB = 0 Playoff Wins

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

only a jackass worships Tebow for 6 months on here, then starts a thread with his name in it and within that same thread tries to tell people he's not trying to start a Tebow discussion.

We're not stupid around here. don't be a jackass.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

There is a lot of comparison between Rahim Moore and Bill Buckner. He is getting the most heat yet he was just the small part of the larger picture. Just like Buckner.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You are so bitter and transparent its not even funny. Of course a Tebow fan made a thread about Denver, but its not about Tebow right?

Such a sad joke, jsut like your hero.

7. odessa

odessa Banned

Not to sound like a dick. But if you didn't want to talk about Tebow, you should of never put his name in the thread title. Just saying.........

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

First I have been here for 14 months not 6 (I was here before tebow) second I don't care what you think and third ....of course its about tebow , when I said its not about tebow (if you simply read the entire thread) that its not about discussing individual games...wow..read the thread and take my comments in context. The title of the thread is Epic choke by TEBOW'S former team, in that context of course its about him.

Oh I am extremely bitter and very transparent , I love the Broncos choked out how can I make it any clearer?

My point was its not about how tebow has played blah blah blah and we do not need to start debating individual games...read the entire thread to understand that. , that discussion has been done to death, of course i am bitter about tebow...you guys are awesome though , "you like tebow waaa, waa, waa"... "its about tebow waaa...waaa. wwaaa.." cry some more , keep it up, I cant get enough of it.

I appreciate the calm sane response. Talk all you want about tebow. , you guys can discuss tebow at length in the thread and tell me how much he sucks and how bad he is and how horrible of a human being I am because i am a fan of his etc
    I'll keep talking about Denver's choke which was the purpose of the thread. I completely retract anything I said about tebow because it has caused confusion when you only read a few responses. so have it , and Of course its about tebow and his former team but its not about tebow and discussing how bad of a QB he is.... that's the point

Now back to our previously scheduled programming

Peyton Manning = [​IMG]

#108 CowboysFan, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  9. NFL

NFL Active Member

CowboysFan, your a joke.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

BTW all your post today have been spot on.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Here is another joke.

Why did Peyton Manning cross the road.......?.....Because he was

[​IMG]

#111 CowboysFan, Jan 13, 2013
  12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

This idiot http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/12/nfl-peter-tebow-happy-broncos-lost/1829541/ clearly doesn't realize that, despite the ill-will towards Denver, there's no question that Manning is the better QB and gave them more of a chance to win. Anyone who thinks that Denver with Tebow would've won more games and/or advanced further in the playoffs this year is braindead. Luckily, none of y'all are stupid enough to make that argument.

13. VanderbiltJets

Were you posting "Alex Smith is a choker" graphics last year after Kyle Williams blew the game? Clearly you were.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Nah, I actually have never done something like this but yesterday it just felt right and it felt good.

Peyton Manning is a million times better than Tebow. Peyton Manning is a first ballot lock hall of famer and Tebow might never take another NFL snap...that is a huge divide.

That being said, Yesterday , after hand picking his team with a mutant super human defense than can carry "fake fullback type" QBs to victory after victory ...Manning continued his choking legacy in post season....and I laughed and laughed and laughed... I swear this Gif of MIchael Jordan shows my exact reaction after Peyton manning threw the int in OT:

[​IMG]

#114 CowboysFan, Jan 13, 2013
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What felt good for me yesterday was seeing Bucky smiling when he thought they had won and then never seeing him again.

16. VanderbiltJets

I'll once (and only once) seriously address this.

Peyton Manning's career playoff record is 9-11.

Losing to the eventual SB champs does not constitute choking -- if you think it does you're a disturbed degenerate. ((Arguably, the Colts were the second-best team in the league each of these years and would've made the SB had it not been for AFC/NFC alignment.)) Discount two losses to the Patriots and one to the Steelers. Record: 9-8.

Losing in the Super Bowl does not contribute to a "playoff choker" label when it means you already won 2 playoff games, and already won a Super Bowl; choker clearly implies that an inability to win -- if you disagree then you're misinformed. Record: 9-7.

If you think a 9-7 playoff record with a SB win constitutes labeling someone a "choker", then you have a lot of learning to do about the sport of football.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Was there an Elway cam when Jacoby Jones caught that TD?

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are a very intelligent person, please keep an open mind with what I am going to say.

While the stuff you state can be true when viewed in a vacuum , you can not discount the fact that he played on loaded teams that were HEAVILY favored. Of his 11 losses , 8 were 1 and done. of those 8 five were at home. of those five 2 were 1 seed teams, 2 were number 2 seed teams and 1 was a number 3 seed team.

he had great teams, he failed to advance. Now in Denver he literally hand picked his team , which by all accounts was so GREAT that they advanced into the playoffs the previous year with the worst player to ever play QB in history ...yet he did his patented 1 and done AGAIN.

Its not only my opinion, plenty of people that know football feel the same way. If not for his superbowl appearance against arguably the worst superbowl team to ever make it into that game (The Rex Grossman led Bears) this would REALLY be bad.

#118 CowboysFan, Jan 13, 2013
  19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's 9-11 not 9-8, not 9-7. You don't get to pick and choose which games count. Do we take away wins b/c he beat crappy Denver teams and a KC team that hasn't won a playoff game since Joe Montana? If his teams beat NE and Pitt then NE and Pitt don't go on to win the SB. Pitt was a HUGE underdog and despite being given numerous gifts to keep in the game he couldn't even get it to OT despite those gift which included a miraculous fumble while Pitt was running out the clock and a return to near midfield to set him up.

He's been to the playoffs 12 times, he's been one and done EIGHt of those 12 trips.

He's been shut down by the biggest choking D of his gneration(Miami in '00, those late 90s/early 00s Miami D's were awful in postseason)

He's been shut out by an ok Jets D

He couldn't win a home playoff game w/ a bye when his STs score TWO TDs for him.

He has played w/ elite talent since day 1 in this league and despite that in his 11 playoff losses he has led those high powered Os to 14.8 PPG.

He's the biggest choker in the league. He should have 3-4-5 SBs w/ all the talent he has played w/ and w/ as great as he has played in reg seasons.

His lone SB win came in a postseason where he threw 3 total TDs and had 7 INTs.

GREAT reg season QB, maybe the best ever in the reg season(at least top 5), but he's behind Mark Sanchez in January.(mark has been really good in January though, peyton's not even close).

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is hilarious. All this venom spewed at Manning. What about Decker who dropped the pass that was Picked off and returned for a TD? What about Champ Bailey who got completely schooled by Torrey Smith? What about Rahim Moore who completely blew his coverage, took a terrible angle and allowed the Game Tying TD. What about John Fox who with :30 left and 2 timeouts decided to take a knee at the end of the game when all they needed was a FG to win. Yep. It was ALL Manning :rolleyes: