Embrace debate: Sign Kirk or draft Darnold?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, May 3, 2018.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'll also be a contrarian and side with Cousins. It made sense back a few months and it still would make sense now if it had worked out right.

I would take Darnold over Cousins in a vacuum but when you put the #6 overall pick (Quenton Nelson) and 3 2nd round picks on the Cousins side of the see-saw plus the risk of the young kid not working out (I feel he'll work out great but its still a risk that Cousins doesn't really have).

I think with the Cousins side you can hit the ground running this very year and likely have a nice little run for your franchise if you get any kind of good fortune. Going the Darnold way like we ended up doing has the potential to end up way better if everything breaks right but its going to take a bit. Probably this season and the next are going to be a little shaky as far as W-L records and playoffs go.... as in there won't be any playoffs.

Also when I say I side with Cousins that was under the imaginary assumption that he wanted to be here and was all in on it.... which obviously in reality he wasn't. The reality of it was he didn't even come visit our team and give us a fair chance at a sales pitch. As somebody pointed out the home-grown vs. mercenary point the way everything turned out we probably are better off.