Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Coach K, Oct 17, 2011.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

My update: I'm level 41 (or 42, can't remember exactly) and I've beat the main story line. I'm about 70% done towards getting the platinum. I still have to finish a few major quest lines (most notably the Daedric ones) in order to get the platinum but some of them are just ones like hitting lvl 50, running up fines in all the holds, having 100,000 gold, clear 50 dungeons, etc. Most of those won't be too hard.

One that I'm not sure about is reading the 50 skill books, I read every book that I come across and I've only found like 35. Anyone know of a good way to find a bunch of them? Like a shop or library somewhere that has a pile of them?

2. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

85+ hours. Level 62. Completed all main quests and guilds. All Daedric Quest. All dragon priest masks. All achievements. About 10 minutes ago I read my 50th skill book. You can't buy them. They are found in dungeons, caves etc. While you complete the other side things, eventually you will read them. Always on tables or something like it.

3. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I've saved a few games to messaroud with the Vampire mode and Werewolf. What I learned.

Vampire - you can contract the virus by letting a Vampire beat you up for a bit. They seem to dwell in caves. It can be cured but it you don't cure it by day 3, you're shit out of luck. Some of the vamp powers are cool, you can vanish, have cool night vision, and some cool magic and spells. A BIG downfall is you lose energy when out in the day, have to feed off people at night and once your a vampire for awhile you will basicly get attacked by everyone all the time.

Werewolf - you must become a member of the compainions in Dragonsearch. Find Jarl and complete all the tasks he ask of you, its about 3 or 4. One is a pain in the ass and its long. One all thats complete they will make you a Werewolf.

Pros - Health and Stamina become 100, your sprint is faster then a horse. You gain a new shout that instills fear in people.

Cons - cant use any items or weapons when in Werewolf mode, no sleep bonus and you will be hunted as soon as you turn. Also can only do it once a day.

4. jetsflow

jetsflow New Member

My brothers got me this game for xmas... still haven't opened though.

I'm afraid its going to take over my life.

5. deerow84

I'm so pissed at this game. I'm going for the platinum and have all but one of the trophies, the Oblivion Walker. For this one you have to complete 15 quests for the various Daedric gods/goddess/princes/whatever they are and for each one you receive an Daedric artifact. On Tuesday night I finished my 13th of the 15 quests and everything was going well.

Now, not to spoil anything but, generally, you aren't doing nice things in these Daedric quests. In fact, 80% of the time you end up killing the person that gave you the quest anyway.

So I was doing the 14th quest last night and there's this talking dog that follows you around. I get to the end of the quest and you have the option of killing the dog and keeping the axe or giving the axe to some dude (I think he's the guy you get the quest from but it had been so long since I picked it up from him I wasn't sure). Seeing as I figured the axe was the daedric artifact (the quest doesn't specify and I had to kill a bunch of people just to get to it and it had a weird name and not just "steel axe" or some shit) and you generally kill everyone I killed the dog and kept the axe and went on my way.

So I finish the 15th quest and get the Daedric artifact and I'm waiting for my trophy to pop up and my platinum to come through...it doesn't. So I look up in a guide about it online and find out I wasn't supposed to kill the dog I was supposed to give the axe to the dude. Problem is that since I had done the other quest the autosave had saved after I killed the dog. I have no recourse, I can't do the quest again and there aren't any other artifacts to get.

Now I have to do all fucking 15 fucking quests over again to get this stupid trophy! The last manual save I have that wasn't overwritten is from a month and a half ago (level 32 from my current level 51) and has ZERO of the quests done.

I know this is a long post and I apologize but I was furious that: A) the makers of the game would make a trophy so missable (i.e. why not make it complete all 15 Daedric quests or get 12 of the artifacts!?) and B) at myself for not paying closer attention to what I was doing when I was so close to the platinum.

Just take this as a word of warning if you're going for the platinum. Be very careful when you are doing the Daedric quests. One mistake could mean having to do all 15 of them all over again.

FML.

#85 deerow84, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

If you did the quest when you help the werewolf, you can actually get both artifacts, the Ring of Hircine and Savior's Hide

7. deerow84

Unfortunately I found that out after I had completed the quest so I only ended up with 14.

Also, to make matters worse, one of the quests involves getting to a certain point in the main story line so now to get the trophy I not only have to redo the 15 quests that include the daedric artifacts but I also have to complete about five or six of the main story quests...and just to add in the additional sprinkle of Piss Me Off I had already done some of the College of Mages questline so I had to finish that quest line before I could continue the main quest line...and I contracted Vampirism at some point and didn't get it cured in time so I had to do that little mini-quest in order to get rid of the vampirism.

I fully acknowledge that it was my fault to screw up the quest and, more importantly, not having significant backup saves so I could just pick up where I left off but even still I'm not really happy with this game. Pretty sure as soon as I get the platinum I'm going to trade it in for something else just so I don't have to look at it anymore.

8. deerow84

Finally got my platinum!!!