Dylan Donahue arrested for DWI, Reckless Driving

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MurrellMartin, Feb 26, 2018.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2018/02/jets_linebacker_arrested_for_dwi_after_crash_in_li.html

[​IMG]

By Caitlin Mota

The Jersey Journal

WEEHAWKEN -- Jets linebacker Dylan Donahue was arrested early Monday morning after causing a wrong-way crash at the Lincoln Tunnel, authorities said.

Four passengers of a jitney bus were injured in the 2 a.m. crash in the center tube of the tunnel, Port Authority spokesman Joe Pentangelo said.

Donahue, 25, who was selected in the fifth round of the 2017 draft by the Jets, was charged with DWI and reckless driving.

A Port Authority police officer on the Weehawken side of the tunnel saw Donahue drive a Dodge Charger around traffic cones and into the center tunnel against traffic, Pentangelo said.

Donahue crashed into a jitney bus that had 15 people on board. Four of the passengers suffered minor injuries and were brought to Hoboken University Medical Center for treatment, the spokesman said.

The rookie linebacker failed sobriety and Breathalyzer tests and was placed under arrest. The passenger in Donahue's car was charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction during the investigation, police said.

A Jets spokesman could not immediately comment on the arrest.

Donahue was a backup and special teams player during his four games with the Jets. He suffered a season-ending injury to his elbow in the Jets win over the Jaguars.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I hate it when that happens.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ugh. I was hopeful for this guy. What an idiot.
    Interesting note from the article. 15 people on board. 11 not interested in suing .

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Mike Goodson where art thou?

By the information currently released questions still remain before we know how bad this is.

1.Blood alcohol level- Was he inebriated beyond belief or coming down from few drinks hours prior?

2. Reason for driving wrong way- Was his condition the reason why he was driving the wrong way? was he familiar with area?If not, did he get lost & unintentionally get on an entrance ramp in the wrong direction?Sort of thing happens alot more often than one might think

Edit:If he drove around cones that sort of answers that question. Not good.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  5. Not yet at least. Often with bus claims injured parties come forward even months after the date of incident. Esp when some of these passengers realize the party at fault is a Jets player with a presumably large insurance policy they'll be heading to the chiro in no time!

FJF likes this.
  6. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Have a feeling Kevin Greene is going to rip him a new one.

7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Why?

The NFL offers a taxi in any city. Uber, Lyft. Why? Sad. Be an up hill battle for him not. Hopefully everyone is ok.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he coulda killed someone. what a dumbass

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

It's a different thing when a young player gets arrested but is cheap and talented, like Robby. It's another thing to be a rookie, hasn't done shit on the field, and is so drunk off his ass, he causes a crash in the tunnel, driving the wrong way.

Interested to see what Jets decide to do

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I bet he threatened to nut in their eye. Makes people think twice.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

SIGH ... I miss Curtis Martin and Tony Richardson.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

isn't this the guy who went to a community college then cleaned up his act when he transferred or am i thinking of someone else?

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Trade him for a signed photo of Albert Haynesworth.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Richardson, Anderson and Donahue should have a driving contest!??

Seriously ..all of us have been in the Lincoln Tunnel and there is absolutely no way to maneuver out of the way of someone coming at you head on...pretty scary stuff

Kid should be suspended or cut..no NFL without an I Drive Safely Course Certificate and alcohol treatment completion

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Has he been habitually late for team meetings? That's when things get serious with the Jets!

NCJetsfan, CBG and grkmanga31 like this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

From the look of the picture it looks like both parties must have slowed down or stopped before the accident. It looks more like a 5 to 10 mph collision not 30 mph by the picture. Which would explain only 4 injuries.

His BAC was only .15 which would be indicative of not someone with a serious problem but more of a casual drinker that gets drunk on a small amt of alcohol.

Regardless, with injuries a BAC at almost double the limit and the potential for serious injury he is looking at a good suspension.

This should be a good test of how much the Jets like Donahue. If they do not think.highly of him he could be gone immediately or after they draft an edge rusher.

#16 Noam, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    grkmanga31 likes this.
  17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Cut this beast!

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I was out with my daughter and son-on-law at a Dave and Busters. We sat in the bar area, had dinners, a few beers (3 maybe) , and played games over the course of 2-1/2 hours. On the way out my son-in-law got of DWI. He blew a .15. He only blew because he knew he was fine. And he seemed perfectly normal.

As far as the driving around the cones, the center tube is used for both directions depending on the time of day. Those stupid cones they put out are hard to follow. I'm surprised MORE ppl don't go the wrong direction in the center tube.

I wonder who his passenger was that got charged with obstruction. Probably some drunk psycho bitch that started screaming at the officers making things 10x worse.

Noam likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Please make an example and cut this guy. Every friggin year this happens on the Jets and it needs to stop. This year it happened twice.

#20 Sam Hammer, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    matt robinson 17 likes this.