Due Process: LAPD Burned Christopher Dorner Alive

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by VanderbiltJets, Feb 13, 2013.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

#1 VanderbiltJets, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Shoot a cop...Expect to die.

Join Al-Qaeda...Expect to also die.

3. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I don't see anything wrong with this. He was a piece of shit murderer and refused every chance to surrender peacefully. Why even give him the chance to kill any more people? He had a shot at due process and refused it.

4. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I hope it burned and he felt every last second of it.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I love how so many people are ok with letting police, of all people, be judge, jury, and executioner. Yes let us start the slippery slope of letting police start making the call on when people deserve due process.

Of course I have the utmost confidence in the LAPD to not be prone to bad decision-making. /sarcasm

#5 BeastBeach, Feb 13, 2013
  6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

To be fair, there's a big difference between "police" and "LAPD"

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I think a lot of people forget that police are generally regular ass dudes who didn't study hard enough in high school

8. devilonthetownhallroof

When someone has engaged in a firefight with police and holed themselves up, refusing to surrender, they forfeit due process. It's pretty simple.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

All I'm saying is it wouldn't be the first time the police were big time wrong about something. Idk what the big rush is in these situations. Back off and wait it out seems like a better alternative than burning a guy alive. At least to me.

10. devilonthetownhallroof

He was in a cabin in the woods. If they were to "back off" they would basically be handing him an easy escape. The guy engaged in multiple shootouts with police once they found him and killed an officer. He had every chance to surrender and chose not to. He deserved everything he got.

11. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Nonsense. Lets say the police did set the cabin on fire, that was a tactic to get him to come out and hand himself in. Same thing was done to John Wilkes Booth in a barn after he killed Lincoln. From what we can tell, Dorner decided to shoot himself instead of turning himself in. What exactly were the police suppose to do by the way? Risk the lives of more officers by storming the cabin? He already killed 4 people.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

// thread

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You can't surround something but still back off? I'm sorry I just don't buy that burning the guy alive was the only option that still resulted in the guy being caught/killed. Police get ramped up and emotionally charged in these situations too. Especially when the guy was killing their own.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

they weren't trying to burn him alive, they were trying to get him out. if he had burned alive, which he didn't, it would have been his choice to not exit a burning house.

so, not only is everything you have said beyond ridiculous, you also have to ignore Dorner's own personal actions that would have led to him burning alive -- that he voluntarily would have chosen to do so.

why are you so intent to absolve him of his own choices?

15. devilonthetownhallroof

The more you back off, the thinner you spread your force. Why take any chances? Besides, HE decided to burn alive. He could easily have surrendered once the cabin was on fire.

16. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

no one burned him alive, he had every option to come outside and hand himself in peacefully. he chose to die, reportedly by his own bullet.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Would you feel better if LAPD had called in a drone strike on the cabin? It would have saved that deputy's life and the county a lot of money in the process. Its not like the Police already don't have those options. This is an example of the power of the state acting in the interest of its citizens.

No, I don't feel bad for the dead man and nothing really has changed. Cop killers die. Its only a matter of when they die, not if they die.

Is it me or does the baddie look a lot like LL Cool J..

#17 Cman68, Feb 13, 2013
  18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about. I should probably read a little more before responding. I can admit when I'm talking out of my ass

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I can't believe I'm to the left of some on this but this story stinks. The entire thing. Not saying Dorner is justified in what he did in any way but the LAPD official story sucks and in my opinion they seem like they're hiding something.

I'm never a fan of Americans being burned alive on American soil at the hand of government agencies, whether it's Chris Dorner or Waco.

Funny how the cabin was completely burned to the ground but somehow Dorner's license was found in the rubble within hours. I guess drivers licenses have gps trackers and are flame retarded.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I wondered that as well and had thought I heard police found his license near the border too. But as shitty as reporting is these days that was probably a rumor