Dsmiles13 2019 Mock Draft 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dsmiles13, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

It's officially mock season!!! As much as I'd love to see our Jets playing in January, it looks like we're still a year or 2 away from being truly hopeful of that happening. So for now, let's see my take on how the Jets can improve their situation going into 2019-2020. P.S it's extremely weird to do a mock draft and not have to include a QB. Going to take some getting used to.

TRADE!!! Jax realizes they need to be bold and after Arz goes Bosa and SF takes Allen, Jax decides to make a move to secure their (hopeful) QB of future in Haskins. Jets not truly needing Quinnen look to acquire more precious capital while also securing better value on some OL prospects.

Deal Jets send 1.3 to Jax for 1.7, 2.38, 2020 3rd and Jalen Ramsey (Jalen being the only reason they don't get a 2020 1st instead)

This mock is under the assumption Jets sign LeVeon

1.7 DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss

WHAT!!!! DSMILES YOU'RE FUCKING WITH US RIGHT??? Possibly but mocking Jonah every time is boring so let's switch it up. DK is the only skill position player in this draft worthy of a top 15 spot, strictly due to his prototype height/weight/speed/hands/control combination. He has legit top 3 WR upside as long as his medicals don't take him off the field. H'es a stud in every sense of the word and a true #1 that can bring Darnold into the land of the Stars.

2.38 Yodny Cajuste LT West Virginia

A strong beast mauler of an LT whose kind of a slightly poor-mans Terron Armstead. More technically refined than Armstead was coming out but not quite Armstead elite athleticism, but plenty athletic enough to continue to protect when plays break down and Sam scrambles. Ideally suited for a zone scheme but can hold his own in a power scheme as well.

3.3 Jaylon Ferguson EDGE Louisiana Tech

I fully expect the Jets to throw insane money to any pass rusher that actually makes it to FA, but having a bookend for Demarcus Lawrence (fingers crossed) to eliminate the possibility of double teams would give the Jets a pass rush we haven't seen since Sack Exchange. Not a very fluid or twitchy rusher, but with quality coaching from Kevin Greene (assuming he stays) he can learn to use his power effectively while continuing to learn more counter moves. High upside pick w/ double digit sack potential by Year 3.

3.? Michael Dieter OG/OT Wisconsin

Our extra 3rd from NO (thanks Teddy!). Dieter has the chops to be a fucking mauler. Squat, Strong, and excellent pulling ability makes him a candidate to have a year 1 impact @ LG even as a late 3rd rounder. Tends to lunge a little too much which can affect his balance in a negative way, so he'll need to continue to work on his footwork and punch/hand placement to help keep his center of gravity more square to allow himself not to be blown out of plays by IDL.

4.3 Nassir Adderly CB/S Delaware

Who the fuck is Nassir Adderly?? He's a small school gem who honestly will probably go higher than this once NFL FO's start to really do their homework. Excellent speed and length with fluid hips and feet that allows him to mirror even the fastest and best route runners he'll come across and he's not afraid to lay the fucking wood in run support either. Also can play FS in the proper scheme which makes him an excellent choice for us. He'd be an excellent depth choice to back up Maye while providing us solid CB2 ability, with the potential to turn into a CB1 if the NFL doesn't deem itself to be too daunting for his small school experience. Puts Tru on the bench where his overpaid bitch ass belongs. Fucking Thief
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-nasir-adderley/

5.3 Alize Mack TE Notre Dame

This may be wishful thinking, as I peg him to go in round 3. But if he's here he's a great pick to complete our TE depth chart and getting Tomlinson off this team. Not known for his blocking but his receiving upside can allow him to provide another set of strong fast hands in 2 TE sets to open up the middle even more for Sam. If he's not here then my alternate would be Jake Breeland of Oregon. Either way no more Tomlinson.

6.3 Given to NO part of the Teddy deal

7.3 Alex Bars OG Notre Dame

Depth on OL for the Jets is never a bad thing no matter what position it may be. Don't know of any C that are available this late off hand so here's a OG instead so that Dozier can feel free to sign elsewhere. Not a particularly strong guy or the lightest of foot, but understands the position and his responsibilities which will allow him a ceiling of quality backup. Best you could hope for on a 7th round shot in the dark.

So there you have it. Fun 1st mock with plenty more to come over the next 3 3/4 months. I'll eventually do one with no trades and one with a few moves on the Jets side. Break it down and tell me what you think. No opinion is the wrong opinion as long as its the same as my opinion.

Pepsiguy5, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nice job. Doubt Jax teases jalen but good thought and good picks

Dsmiles13 likes this.
  3. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

With the dysfunction Jax experienced this past year It wouldn't shock me. Jax could look to move him Fournette and Jackson and grab capital for a short rebuild

4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Nice work. If you could pull off that trade for real your hired :)

It'd also be dream scenario if the Jets managed to, within one year basically, hit a franchise QB, legit #1 WR, and beast mauler of a LT and let them grow together. So to that end this draft is most definitely sniffing around the bottom of the correct tree.