DSmiles Pre-Combine Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dsmiles13, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

I'll eventually do a QB needed mock too. Just havent found time

2. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Yes. We traded our original 5th for Rashard Robinson to SF, but had DAL later 5th as well in our stockpile

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Thanks, .I thought that was the case..

4. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i completely forgot about this

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's ok, so did Mac ! :rolleyes:

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with Chubb, but I might prefer trading down acquiring additional picks and taking either Marcus Davenport or Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. Both are not nearly as polished, but they may have higher ceilings, and with the additional picks they'd get from trading down, the Jets could address a lot of positions.

No way I'd be happy with Jones over Michel. Michel is a starting-caliber RB, Jones is not. Every report I read on him questions his ability to handle touching the ball more than 12-14 times a game. Michel is a leader, has great character, is a great blocker and great runner.

I like Ragnow, but with as many as 7 potential Cs becoming FA, most of whom will be 25-26, I'd rather address the C position in FA and draft an OT, OG, ILB, CB or TE than a C.

Dsmiles13 likes this.
  7. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

If I had the choice, I'd probably execute a trade down as well if an acceptable offer was on the board, but Oko isn't a round 1 prospect to me. He'd be great value at our 2.2 though for sure. I like Jones more than Michel, but that's my preference. Michel fumbles ALOT, & if that doesn't get fixed quick he won't be trusted to be on the field anyways. Jones almost never fumbles, & IDK where these analysts are questioning his ability. He's def a 3 down back IMO and can handle 18-20 touches/week, with Powell(maybe) & Maguire to spell him. I'm not a big fan of this years OT class. OG I'm higher on than OT, so I wouldn't mind sticking Ragnow at LG and cutting Carpenter to go with say Weston Richburg at C. ILB will be a depth draft in the later rounds. CB is certainly in play but I went Jones/Ragnow in round 2 instead of grabbing say Mike Hughes or Jaire Alexander. And I expect ASJ to resign, and Leggett is a high-upside player who will get his chances to see the field this year, with Tomlinson showing amazing blocking prowess and sneaky athleticism I just don't see TE being a high need on their list

8. NCJetsfan

I had initially thought that Oko would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick, but based on what I've seen in mocks and read, I think he might go in the bottom of the 1st. I guess that's due to the need for pass rushers.

I'm not doubting you regarding Michel's fumbles, but I've seen him play quite a few times and never seen him fumble, nor has any announcer said that he had a fumbling problem, nor any draft report I've seen on him mention that he has a fumbling problem. I looked up stats for both Jones and Michel, and fumbles weren't mentioned. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have a problem, as you say. Where did you read/hear this? Even with a fumbling problem, unless it's severe, it can be fixed. Tiki Barber had a fumbling problem in college or early with the Giants, but he fixed it.

I think they are questioning his being a 3 down back due to his lean frame and the fact that he takes a lot of big hits fighting for extra yardage.

I agree with you regarding this year's OT class. Orlando Brown is the best, but I think he will be a RT rather than a LT. He is much better in run blocking than pass blocking. McGlinchey might develop, but at the beginning of the season he was being hyped a lot, and didn't live up to the hype. Connor Williams is up there, but may never be elite. Kolton Miller is supposedly up there as well, but I was so focused on Rosen the one time I saw UCLA, I didn't pay any attention to Miller.

Why take Ragnow to play OG? Is it his versatility since he could play C if Richburg (or whomever the Jets sign) gets injured, or do you not like Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, or the other OGs, or think they will already be gone? There are also quite a few young starting OGs who could be available in FA, including Andrew Norwell. I'd like to see the Jets sign a starting C, CB and OG in FA, as well as sign several other younger FAs at positions of need.

ILB could possibly be addressed in FA or in a lower round, but with this possibly being Davis' last season and Lee still iffy, I think the Jets should strongly consider addressing the position earlier in the draft if they don't address it in FA, but with all their needs, could certainly understand their waiting until later in the draft.

Even though there are a couple of CBs I really like, I'm hoping the Jets will sign two FA CBs in addition to re-signing Claiborne. One would be to start opposite Claiborne, and the other would be to replace Skrine. If they can't sign two FAs, then I would like to see them address CB, but with their having taken two last year, they may not.

I hope that ASJ re-signs, but with his contract demands being so high, it's entirely possible that the Jets won't be able to or may decide to move on and sign Trey Burton instead. I agree that TE probably won't be high on their need list unless Leggett didn't make much progress last year due to his injury(ies?) and missing so much time, or if they can't/don't re-sign ASJ and don't sign a FA TE.

9. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

http://draftscout.tsxfiles.com/2018...e-rates-for-nfl-draft-running-back-prospects/

That was where I read about fumbling for RB prospects this year.

As for the OG's, Wynn I expect to go to ATL in Round 1 and Hernandez I think ends up in NYG at top of 2nd if they don't sign Norwell. Ragnow is a fucking mauler of an OL, and his ability to jump to C if Richburg (who probably will be a NYJ) ends up hurt certainly helps out. I have a mancrush on him at OG/C and would love him on our team. ILB I just don't see them letting Davis walk. He was a revelation on the field and in the locker room and it makes too much sense to keep him here. CB I fully see the Jets running at Johnson, Butler, and Gaines, and then coming away with Malcolm Butler, Mo, and a 3rd round pick at CB to round it all out. Maybe someone like JC Jackson or Nick Nelson. Burris might end up cut at training camp if he doesn't show improvement.

10. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I'm shocked by that list.