Dream offseason plus draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin is the man, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Martin is the man

Head coach: Todd Monken

Brilliant and aggressive play caller. He will call plays as HC. Has had success and experience turning a program around as HC of southern Miss

Alternative: Eric bieniemy

Offensive coordinator: mike munchak

We’ll respected former HC to assist Monken. Excellent at player development in particular offensive line (will hire Defilipo as QB coach to develop Darnold)

Alternative: zac Taylor

Defensive coordinator: Kris Richards

He’d love the opportunity to work with the Jets excellent secondary

Alternative: Vance Joseph

Cut: save 11 M

Crowell save 3
    Long save 6.5
    Basham .65
    Rashard Robinson .75

Resign: 36 m

Claiborne 2 year 12 m 7 guarantee
    Darell Roberts 3 year 18 m 10 guarantee
    McClendon 2 year 8 M 4 guarantee
    Robby Anderson 2nd round tender 3 M
    Henry Anderson 3 year 15 M 9 guarantee
    Andre Roberts 1 year 1.5 m
    Myers 2 year 6 m
    Middleton 1 m
    Harrison 2.5 m
    Hewitt 1.5 m
    Copeland 1.5 m
    Webb 1 M
    Burnett 500k
    Luvu 500 k

Sign: 39 M

Bell RB PIT
    4 year 65 m 45 m guarantee
    Offensive weapon the team needs. I’m concerned about his year off but he’s worth the gamble

Ja’Wuan James OT Mia
    5 year 45 M 25 guarantee
    Shell is a nice player but a horrible run blocker, James is one of the top run blocking tackles in the nfl and will help bell

Mitch Morse: C KC
    4 year 32 m 18 guarantee
    Paradis will be franchised in Denver and Morse is the next best center. Smart player who will anchor the o line for years

Stefan Wisniewski G PHI
    1 year 2.5 m 1 guarantee
    He will likely be cut by philly after a down year where he was replaced. He’s an experienced guard and center. His PFF overall grades have been:
    18’ 54, 17’ 73, 16’ 75, 15’ 73, 14’ 74

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    1 year 5 M
    Experienced in Monken’s offense and mentor to Darnold

Trade 7.5 M

ATL receive: 5th round pick
    NYJ receive: Mohammad Sanu
    With Ridley performing well sanu becomes tradeable. ATL needs cap space too. sanu would allow Enewa to slide to the slot where he’s better suited

Draft:
    Round 1:

Josh Allen OLB Kentucky
    Best player available and fills a huge needs, plus I don’t think Jonah Williams is worth the pick this high

Round 3:

Chase Winovich, 3-4OLB, Michigan
    Double dip on one of the biggest needs. Relentless player who will pair with Adams intensity very well

TERRONNE PRESCOD G, NC State

Round 4
    Anthony Johnson WR Buffalo

Round 6
    Foster Moreau, TE, LSU

Round 7
    Daylon Mack, NT, Texas A&M

2019 Depth chart:

QB: Darnold, Fitz, Webb
    RB: Bell, McGuire, Cannon
    WR: Enewa, Anderson, Sanu, johnson, Burnett, peake, Roberts
    TE: Herndon, legett, Moreau
    T: Benjamin, James, Shell
    G: winters, Wisniewski, Prescott
    C: Morse, Harrison

NT: Panel, McClendon, mack
    DE: Williams, Anderson, Shepard, Fatukasi
    OLB: Allen, Winovich, Jenkins, Copeland, Luvu
    ILB: Williamson, Lee, Pierre Lewis, Hewitt
    CB: Johnson, Claiborne, Roberts, Jones, Nickerson
    S: Adams, Maye, Brooks, Middleton

#1 Martin is the man, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    twown, Brook! and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I like it, but I think we should grab at least 2 offensive linemen in the draft. I suppose if we couldn't pull off one of those late round draft pick trades that Mac is becoming known for they could get on there. Otherwise, a solid and realistic scenario given our large cap room.

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm a LT in the draft guy but I like it. I'm a bit agnostic on Bell and its not like I'm dreaming of him being part of the team at night but I think probably at this point in time its a decent risk of money (if he's even willing to come here) as it gives us a very flexible grade A offensive weapon. And we need grade A offensive weapons.... wherever and however we can get them.

One other nitpick. Cutting Spencer Long? That's not a good idea is it?

4. Martin is the man

Thanks for your reply!

My rationale against LT and WR is the strength in these positions in the 2020 draft. I’m addition my hope is the possible addition of Munchak would help develop Shell, as he has been an adequate pass blocker this far in his career, to take over after bechem’s contract expires.

Cutting long is a necessity in my opinion. He has been awful and will be relegated to a back up role next year (in particular if my free agency comes true) and 6.5 M salary is not worth paying a back up.

#4 Martin is the man, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To each his own. Sorry, but that sounds more like an off-season nightmare to me. With regards to the coaching, Bieniemy with his lousy character and lack of experience? No thanks! Mike Munchak OC? OL Coach, maybe. OC Definitely not, and no way in hell to Zac Taylor. Vance Joseph alternative DC? You must really hate the Jets wanting to risk sticking them with Bieniemy, Taylor and/or Joseph.

With regards to players, a HUGE NO to Bell! He hasn't played an entire season in his career. I'm not giving a bloody fortune to a 27 year-old RB who has taken a lot of hits, has a lot of carries and receptions in his career, has an injury history, particularly one who is likely to hold out next year for more money, and be a diva. I'd rather fold the franchise than sign him.

I like the addition of James at RT. I definitely think that Shell can be upgraded. He may be our best OL, but that's not saying much. I like the signing of Morse. Wisniewski might be OK as a stopgap, but he may not be cut. Why cut Long and create another hole? He played pretty well at LG and was OK at C until he hurt his finger.

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Absolutely not!

Don't know that the Falcons would trade Sanu for a 5th. I know that at one time he had some real character issues. Have they cleared up? They better have, otherwise, I'm not letting him near the team.

Other than Allen not wild about the first 4 rounds of your draft.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Saw Ryan Fitzpatrick on the list. Leaving thread now.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Given the history of what happens to incumbent starters wherever he turns up, he's the last guy I want anywhere near Sam.

johnny likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Nice effort. Not sure about the "Jets' excellent secondary" comment (re: Kris Richards)

Like: cutting Spencer Long.

No like: Chase Winovich (3rd round pick). . Good motor but overrated. . Slow (nfl-wise) and not athletic.

#8 joe, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  9. Martin is the man

Thanks for your reply!

My head coach target is Monten not biemiemy however I would take birmiemy 10x over before the likes of Kingsbury, McCarthy, gase

Munchak is a brilliant leader with head coaching experience to assist Monten plus as noted with the hire of DeFillpo at QB coach and Monten handling play calling and assistance with WR coach I actually believe Munchak is the ideal coordinator.

I’m nervous about bell too but this is a horrible free agent pool and he’s the best of the group. He can pull pressure off Sam and with the contract structure I’ve listed he will be off the books before Adams is due for a new contract. And at the end of the day we are so under the cap it doesn’t matter.

Wisiniewski will be cut he’s so 3.5 M and he was benched this season for a younger guard. Not to mention philly is already over the cap and have free agents like graham and Darby to sign.

ATL will be looking to dump cap space as they currently have only 19 M and have Grady Jarret due a mega contract this year. This is a one year signing as his contract is up next year low risk high reward.

With regards to Long to each his own I guess. I want him as far away from this team as possible. He’s due 6M next year and has been awful at guard and center too. He was one of the worst graded offensive line man this year. Cutting him doesn’t creat a hole it opens up space for someone else

Hate Fitz all you want but he’s a smart vet who is experienced in Montens offense to help mentor sam

#9 Martin is the man, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're welcome. The candidate you want is named "Monken" not "Monten."

To each his own if you would want Bieniemy as HC. He has poor character and not nearly enough experience as an OC. IMO the only candidate worse than Bieniemy would be Kingsbury. I want no part of Gase, but I'd take him any time over Bieniemy.

I totally disagree regarding Munchak. He has never even been an OC. He has only been an OL coach and a HC, and he was an awful HC. Where do you get that nonsense that he is a brilliant leader?

DeFilippo? Please. He has already been exposed as a fraud.

Yes, it's not a great FA pool, but that doesn't mean we have to sign the best FA or best FA RB.

You don't know that Wisniewski will be cut. Even if he is, it could be for good reason. He is on the downside of his career, and I have serious doubts that he'd even be as good as Long at this point in his career if he can stay healthy. He hasn't come close to playing a full season in the last 3 years. What makes you think he will be able to next year?

Even if Atlanta is looking to dump salary, it doesn't mean that Sanu would be a good signing by the Jets.

Long was not awful. The only way in which he was awful was in snapping the ball after he injured his finger.

Experience isn't everything. We know what Fitz is and isn't. He can have great games, but isn't consistent and always winds up shooting himself and his team in the foot. No one should want to see him return to the Jets.

#10 NCJetsfan, Jan 8, 2019
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  11. Martin is the man

Long was ranked by PFF as the 37th worst center in football with a 45.6 grade. For the record there are 32 teams. Snapping was one thing, but the absolutely horrible play I’ve watched at both guard and center all season is another, he can go!

Wisniewski playing time is primarily related to talent along the eagles offensive line not health. Could you provide another veteran low cost option? Assuming he’s cut (which as I stated I see as very likely) I see him as the best fit.

DeFilippo a fraud? Because he was a failure as an offensive coordinator and neglected the running game he can’t be a successful qb coach? You are right Wentz has been downright impressive this year.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on Munchak. He has the experience and talent to build a strong running game and o line. In my mock the signing of bell would make this almost be a necessity. With MonKen calling plays and running the passing game Munchak would be an ideal “running game coordinator”. Attached is an excerpt of an article which reiterates my stance:

“Munchak’s vast experience, his personality and leadership style, and his expertise building an offensive line and running game are all particularly attractive to John Elway and the Broncos brass”

#11 Martin is the man, Jan 8, 2019