Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d give up a little bit more value but not much, how much more would depend on how the first two picks went. Jets have a big advantage over the Bills & Cards being at 6, 6 & 12 or 15 is a big difference. Only team they don’t hold the advantage over is the Broncos amongst teams that may trade up.

A team like the Colts can move down to 6, either still get the guy they may have drafted at 3 and if not would probably still have the opportunity to move to either the Bills pick or Cardinals. A smart team that doesn’t need a QB in top 5 can clean up moving down multiple times.

2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if the Bills make one more stop up the draft board. If they can get to #7 or #8, teams may be more receptive.

That being said, I wouldn't put it past Indy to go for a huge quantity of picks over a higher pick. They have a lot of holes. The Giants probably want to stay in the top 7 or 8 if they trade down. If the Giants are not concerned with enabling the Jets to land a QB, the Jets & Giants are perfect trade partners. Unfortunately, I doubt the Giants are willing to deal with the fallout if the Jets strike gold.

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We know Mac's MO. Set a value and don't exceed it. Be it salary or a trade.
    I expect him to hold on to Hack for one more season , unless he really shits himself in camp / preseason. Then he will release him and resign him to the practice squad....

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The chart is pretty useful for day 2 and 3 but if you look at the actual trades that have occurred in the first round, especially top 5 picks involving QBs, you will see that chart value is not near the price paid.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He wasn't desperate to get a QB then. He should be now. Fear can be a great motivator.