Draft Watch - 2018

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yes Jet Fans, its come to this. We're locked in a battle for the #1 overall pick with several other franchises desperate for a come-up at the QB position. This thread is meant as simply a way to track our progress towards the goal of landing a potential FQB finally.

As it is, the 49'ers now have a .5 game lead on us as they put up quite a battle but lost to a Rams team that is marginally better as the score showed.

I'm gonna sticky this so we can track how we're doing. If any of you don't particularly care for this, do us a favor and don't post in the thread. We don't need the bickering as this season is gonna be miserable anyway and we're gonna take some positives from the losing that is to come.

If we're gonna lose the battles today, find a way to win the war tomorrow..

2. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

The fix is in for the 49ers to get the number one pick. The league needs them to be successful because no one goes. With the jets away fans will go so it doesn't matter.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

With Bowles in charge it's a done deal #1 here we come. Now the question is who will it be and more importantly will they transform the team, Do you keep Macc? No way Bowles comes back under any circumstances.. The offseason will be crazy because we discus everything. But one thing the fans should be uniformed on is we need offense.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am extremely worried about Colts and Bears. 49ers will win games for sure. Jags are a good team with a good coach. Browns won't go 2-14 or 3-13 again as Hue Jackson will be fired for good. Jets have to worry about 49ers and Colts imo.

Besides, do Jets organization know how important it is to secure the top pick? Since we are bad already, can they make it an organizational goal not to screw this up by winning a meaningless game this year?

5. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with Luck? If he comes back he should lead the Colts to a few wins

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is still not throwing. Out for at least 3-4 more weeks according to Pagano.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Colts have Browns today which is likely a toss up, I think a Browns win might be better as they have Bengals twice, Jags and Bears still on schedule. Colts still have 49ers, Jags twice, Bills, Chargers and Bengals twice, likely with Luck back. Colts also get Titans and Texans twice each and they can always pick up a win or 2 there.

rinvesto likes this.
  8. Cman68

win today makes us 1-2 with winnable games coming up. Long season ahead.

ColoradoContrails and wampa like this.
  9. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Jacksonville put up 44 on the Ravens today. That'll be a game next week. (And if I'm the Jaguars, I've developed a strategy: Run Leonard Fournette into Darron Lee until he breaks. Cleveland is the real draft status solidifier for us. They've kept it close in most of their games but are 0-3. A loss there, assuming we don't beat Jacksonville, puts us back in the #1 pick race. A win there basically locks Cleveland ahead of us and all but guarantees we're not picking in the top 2.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Buffalo, Indy and the Bears won too, so at least we didn't lose any ground to them. It's impressive that the Bears beat the Steelers and the Jags pounded the Ravens like that.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Browns 0-3, 49ers 0-3....very concerning as these are the two teams we'll probably come up against for the #1 pick. I don't think Browns would hesitate to take a QB.. they have a ton of draft capital and won't waste time on Kizer. 49ers have Shanahan and Lynch and they're sure to get a new QB for 2018 to replace Hoyer. Realistically, Jets will need a top 3 pick if they even want a sniff at Darnold. There are some mocks around that have Rosen and other QB's slipping to later 10's and even later. I personally don't buy into that as there are too many QB needy teams and as the product on the field gets worse and worse, going 3-13 or 4-12 isn't enough anymore to secure #1.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cincy up 21-14 on GB.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rosen might be QB1 at the end of the season

14. grkmanga31

I don't disagree. I'm hoping Browns or 49ers opt to go after Kirk Cousins rather than draft QB high, but with the cap savings one can get through drafting a QB versus signing a QB as a free agent, I don't see how Jets will be able to draft a QB of their choice unless they cement top pick.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

We are going to need McCown to get hurt before Cleveland if we want any shot at Darnold or Rosen. Right now it's looking more like Allen/Rudolph.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

...Giants are 0-3.

17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

After a few weeks I think there's a lot more parody this year then I thought there would be...the bottom teams like 49ers, Bears, Indy without Luck, Buffalo have been far more competitive then I thought...it's impossible to predict how many games these teams are gonna win.

18. grkmanga31

They have too much talent to not win a few games. If they do get a top 3 pick, they can draft a QB and cut Eli after June 1st 2018 which would result in 6.2 of dead money and 16 mil in cap savings. But they're defense is too good, they have obj, and Eli, although not great can still win a few games.

• 4 OCT 1 4:05PMEDT ) AT [​IMG] BUCCANEERS (Toss up, don't think Bucs are that great)

• 5 OCT 8 1:00PMEDT * [​IMG] CHARGERS (W)

• 6 OCT 15 8:30PMEDT ' AT [​IMG] BRONCOS (Toss up Broncos just got taken care up by a mediocre Bills team

• 7 OCT 22 4:25PMEDT * [​IMG] SEAHAWKS toss up (Seahawks aren't great)

• 8 BYE

• 9 NOV 5 1:00PMEST ) [​IMG] RAMS (W)

• 10 NOV 12 4:25PMEST ) AT [​IMG] 49ERS (W)

• 11 NOV 19 1:00PMEST * [​IMG] CHIEFS (L)

• 12 NOV 23 8:30PMEST ' AT [​IMG] REDSKINS 50/50

• 13 DEC 3 4:25PMEST ) AT [​IMG] RAIDERS (L)

• 14 DEC 10 4:25PMEST ) [​IMG] COWBOYS 50/50

• 15 DEC 17 1:00PMEST ) [​IMG] EAGLES 50/50

• 16 DEC 24 4:25PMEST ) AT [​IMG] CARDINALS (W)

• 17 DEC 31 1:00PMEST ) [​IMG] REDSKINS 50/50

19. Cman68

Cincy is 0-3 too. That puts us a game behind 3 teams and tied with several others. Its still early yet but based on what I'm seeing regarding this "rebuild", you can plan on McCown starting at least 10 games, a very short audition for Petty and Hacc being mothballed yet again. That said, you can forget drafting a FQB in 2018 as we won't be in position to get one. Most likely defense in the 1st round again. I can even see Blowes getting a mulityear extension. Last nail in the Jets' coffin.

20. grkmanga31

Wouldn't read too much into one win. The reality is Bengals almost beat the Packers and looked a ton better yesterday. They'll win a few games and even if they don't they're bot going to draft a QB high with Dalton as starter. They would probably go ahead and clean house of front office/coaches. McCown has played well enough to keep the Jets competitive for a half to 3 quarters, that won't be the case versus other teams. Our draft position will be decided within the next 2 weeks as we play the Jags and Browns. Jags defense is legit IMO and if they show up to play and Bortles is serviceable I think Jets lose. Versus the browns may go our way. IMO, Browns may end up with the #1 pick which is bad for the Jets as Browns will surely not pass up on drafting Rosen or Darnold just because they drafted Kizer in round 2 last year. I also think were Kirk Cousins and Drew Brees land next season may shake things up a bit.

Cman68 likes this.