Draft Order: where the jets will land?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 27, 2017.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Broncos' loss was a killer, cause now there are 3 QB-needy teams ahead of the Jets.

fdcnyc likes this.
  2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think we'll move up with a non qb needy team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. 1968jetsfan

I don't know, Paxton Lynch may still be their guy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

We have to get ahead of the Broncos they’re going to pick a quarterback we must talk to the Colts about moving up..... plain and simple

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  6. jetstopgun

Paxton lynch isn’t there guy he’s been there two years and he can’t crack starting lineup..... ask your self this question Hackenburg been here two years is he our guy ???

7. 1968jetsfan

Lynch broke his shoulder in the pre-season so really this was a red shirt season for Lynch. He looked pretty good when he got in this year.
    He played in 3 games in 2016 and didn't look bad, not great but not bad.
    He was in the running for the opening day job when he broke his shoulder this season.

Lynch was a 1st round pick they traded up to get. Hack is a 2nd round pick the Jets took towards the bottom of the round.
    Lynch has been in games and shown some promise. Hack has yet to take a pro snap.

(edit). so saying Denver is QB hungry is an overstatement. It all depends on how they felt about Lynch before he broke his shoulder.

NYJetsO12, FlaJet and legler82 like this.
  8. jetstopgun

I’m hearing Paxton lynch mental make up isn’t that good the Broncos will be in the market for QB

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well i got the pick right. i just had Den and TB mixed up. That was an awesome drive by winston to win it. sadly KC put maholmes back in to get the win or den would have pulled it off ad we would have gotten 5th

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's not. even 7th round pick simian beat him out and he was garbage. lynch is only playing due to injury and looked bad

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Even if he's not it's way too early for them to move on from him. That's why I don't buy Denver as a QB needy team at least not a 1st round QB needy team.

NYJetsO12 and 1968jetsfan like this.
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They beat us and get to draft ahead of us because the asinine SOS schedule BS.

13. JetsKickAss

KC knocked me out of the Survivor Pool with their loss to the Giants and probably cost me $6,500. And cost the Jets 1 or 2 spots in the draft.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Browns should take two QB's in the top 5. They suck so bad at drafting QB's might as well double up.

15. JetsKickAss

Jets entire "we're not tanking" was 100% BS. It shows why this team is never great.

If they had gone the entire year with Petty and Hackenberg only -- or made the switch from McCown after 6-8 games ala the Giants and Warner/Eli -- then you have a very high draft pick and you TRIED to win games albeit with the best talent on your roster that you have to play.

NYJetsO12 and FlaJet like this.
  16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Sadly if there was ten top rated QB's in the draft we would probably draft an OL. I'm really very concerned with our team.

17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, at this point the Jets have the #6, with Denver ahead of them. Too bad they couldn't beat the Chiefs. I hope the Browns take Darnold at #1. I could see the Giants drafting Barkley to bolster their running game. It was god awful and if the Giants want to keep Eli on for a few years, they will draft Barkley plus oline. No reason for them to take a QB, I get that you don't often get a #2 draft pick, but Barkley could turn that team around big time, like Zeke in Dallas and make Eli's last years worthwhile.

The Jets should trade with Indy for their pick and draft Rosen, if they can. He's the perfect fit. If they can't do that, then they should try for Mayfield, but I don't really trust him. It could be a reach at #6, however, last year Watson was a reach and it turned out they should have pulled the trigger. We can't miss a QB this year. No more 2nd or 3rd round QBs, please. Do what needs to be done and make the trade. We have the depth and cap space to afford it.

#157 Sam Hammer, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  18. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

While it's doubtful that either the Browns or Giants trade down, the only narrative I can see for it is:
    1) Browns like Allen or Mayfield best and are confident he'll be available at #4.
    2) Giants want to roll with Eli for a couple more years so they trade down to pick an OL or Barkley and pick up a likely high 2019 1st in the process.

19. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

That's such a misconception. We had plenty of talent this year, due to some of our last minute additions. We wouldn't have beaten Jacksonville, Kansas City, and Buffalo if we didn't have talent. Let's stop with this no talent nonsense. Now if we had a coach that could manage a game that would be great.

ColoradoContrails likes this.