Draft order and teams likely to draft QB's.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 1968jetsfan, Nov 21, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

SF is no longer in the 2nd spot though. Giants are currently at 2 and unless Browns repeat the same mistake, both Rosen and Darnold, if they declare, will be gone with the first and second pick.

Which is why there is going to be a ton of movement within the first 5-7 picks because there are a bunch of quarterbacks but really only a few upper echelon ones.

2. grkmanga31

Only way it is acceptable is if Kirk Cousins signs with the Jets. Then we can theoretically say we have Kirk, hack and petty as backups, even though I'm not sure both will be back next season. Otherwise, I deff agree that we need to draft a QB in the first 2 rounds (preferably the 1st round) because winning with a 38 year old backup is a mirage IMO. Aside from showing we have talent on the roster, it does nothing for the long term success of the team.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Don’t think this is correct, as of now at least SF still in 2 spot. Whether or not that stays we’ll see but I’d be getting really cozy with Lynch right now just in case.

4. grkmanga31

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/12/updated_nfl_draft_order_2018_giants_jump_49ers_whe.html

Things are starting to work out ...
    The Giants won by losing yesterday.

Thanks to an offensive jolt supplied by Jimmy Garoppolo in the 49ers victory over the Bears, the Giants went from the No. 3 pick in the draft, to the No. 2. While both the Giants and 49ers have identical records (2-10), New York has a worse strength of schedule.

The top of the draft was the only think shaken up this week. The Jets (5-7) fell down a bit after beating the Chiefs, while the Falcons now find themselves in the top-20 after losing to the Vikings.

How do things look for all non-playoff teams? Here's an updated look at the 2018 NFL Draft order.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I may wind up changing my mind, but as of right now, disagree. I don't want Jackson or Falk. Jackson's not accurate enough and with his build, won't be able to stay healthy imo. Falk doesn't have enough arm for the northeast.

I think Mayfield will be an excellent NFL QB.

I also wouldn't be pissed if Mac took a top edge rusher prospect over a 2nd tier QB prospect. For example, I don't know where he's rated and where he'll wind up going, but in their mock, the Star Ledger has the Jets taking Clemson's Austin Bryant with their first 2nd round pick. He's 6'4", 265, and has been clocked at 4.68 in the 40-yard dash. He has 28 tackles, 14.5 for loss and 7.5 sacks this season. I'd rather have him than Falk or Jackson and maybe even Mayfield and Allen. I love Allen's arm, size, and mobility, but have a ton of concerns about his play. Mayfield I have fewer concerns, but they may grow when I see more film of him.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about Jackson either but they all have their flaws. Falk on the other hand keeps on getting critized for lack of arm strength, he throws the ball 55 yards down field, that's half a football field, last time I checked that was pretty good for an NFL QB.

Falk is the most accurate QB in this whole group and has incredible poise in the pocket, he's not a scrambler and when he does he continues to look down field to make a play.

Goff was criticized for having the same problem when he came out last year, arm not strong enough for NFL, look at him now.

He is accurate and has enough arm strength to make all the throws.

I would take Falk in a heartbeat to play in the Morton WCO, but I also expect Mac to beef up the oline regardless of who the jets select as their QB.