Draft Day Trades

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ZachMFWilson, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

what do you think about theses 2 trade ideas

Jets 2019 first round + 2020 second round
    For
    Cardinals 2019 first found

Why it makes sense: With the amount of pieces Az needs they need draft capital more than a stud edge rusher in Nick Bosa. Getting the #3 pick puts them in a position to trade down again and get more capital. Why so cheap, you ask. It simple, the cards want to trade with someone that will take Bosa #1. Do you really want that beast breaking thru your shitty online and breaking your new Qb 2 times a year?

Pittsburg 2019 first round + Antonio Brown
    For
    49ers 2019 first round

The 49ers have an offensive genius at coach and potentially a rockstar qb with no offensive weapons.

If that’s not enough maybe The Rooney/Mara family could get creative to get their qb and say...

Giants get #2 overall pick from the 49ers

Pittsburg gets #6 overall pick from the Giants

49ers get #20 overall from the Steelers, #37 overall from the Giants, 2020 second round, and Antonio Brown

2. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

If we can trade Leonard for a 1st (doubtful but not improbable) or 2nd (more likely option) then I have no problem trading up for Bosa bc we could still land a Yodny Cajuste/David Edwards/Cody Ford/Jawaan Taylor/Kelvin Harmon/DK Metcalf in the 2nd round to handle 2 positions of need. WE can't afford to wait til 3.3 to pick again. I'd still prefer Bosa be chosen 1st or 2nd overall so that we go for a trade down instead

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We’re not trading up. Someone is going to trade up to 1 or 2 for the qb. Either giants or jags would be the favorites to do this. We will sit at 3 and catch either Allen or bosa

Brook!, Ozymandias, stinkyB and 3 others like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

so we don't call the Giants to trade up, but will they call us? That would be great, rob those bitches too

Brook! likes this.
  5. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

No Thanks to trading up. We did that last year, now we should trade down if the right offer is there.
    Makes no sense to give away draft picks when we need good, young & cheap players in the draft.

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Hopefully the rumors about Murray are true. If he comes out, him and Haskins could go top 5 easy. Maybe a 1 & 3 scenario like last year.

7. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Denver could be another team looking to trade up for a QB

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We're already short draft picks, we're not trading up.
    The cards will trade back with the Jags or another QB desperate team, get multiple first, additional early picks this year and next.
    Pitt won't be giving a first round pick plus brown for a first. They may not trade him at all as they have to eat $20 million plus if they do. Maybe 49s first and 3rd or next year's second. But the 49s can get a premium player, for years, cheap, with Jimmy G returning next season they should be playoff contenders.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We're in a prime spot to grab a stud pass rusher...sit tight and let the QB hungry teams push Josh Allen into our laps :D

stinkyB likes this.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They have to give us Barkley for a full robbery

11. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Why would the Jaguars trade up,when they need a Qb that's ready to win now. A rookie Qb isn't doing anything for that franchise. They should be all in for N Foles.

Jmo No team in the top three is trading down. First there isn't a Qb in this draft worth what it's going to cost to move up to those positions.
    First trade back is the Raiders. They will draft the best pass rusher on their board. Probably can move down , acquire more draft picks , and still get the guy they want.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets won’t be trading up this year . What purpose would that serve ? They already picked their franchise QB by trading up last year. This is the year to trade down if possible . They won’t get much in a trade down but would definitely get at least two picks back - a second rounder this year and maybe a second or a third round pick next year.... or maybe both picks this year .

Staying at #3 wouldn’t be bad either . The Jets have a 66% chance either Bosa or Allen will still be on the board . In fact if that’s the case I prefer they just stay put and pick the stud pass rusher . Other than QB that’s the other position that has been alluding the Jets for years . If they get the stud pass rusher I can live without a second round pick again - they just need to nail those two third round picks......there will be plenty of good players available at positions of need.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm not against staying at 3 and taking Bosa or Allen if one of them is still on the board when we pick. But, if a team calls us and offers their 2nd in 2019 and a 2020 2nd or a 1st, I'd have a hard time turning it down. This is a roster with holes at many key positions because of neglect and poor drafting for years. It comes down to what the Cards and 49ers do with their picks.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. FJF

Why would Oakland trade down when they already have 3 first round pick?

15. mrjet80

Most definitely . There’s plenty to gain in trading down for two or three quality picks. It’s going to come down to how the Jets fare in FA and whether teams are serious about trading up for these QBs - who in my opinion are not as talented as last years bunch .

I probably have slightly more confidence if the Jets stayed put and took an EDGE at #3. Mac has proven he can nail the top picks and the Jets have sorely lacked a pass rusher for over a decade now. Getting a franchise QB and a franchise pass rusher in back to back years is how championship teams are built . I know the Jets need help at a lot of positions mainly the OL, CB, and some skill players . They will probably get a head start on that in FA. They really need to start the OL rebuild from the inside out . Fix the interior first and if a quality OT is available at some point then go ahead and make a move . Just don’t force it. Beachum and Shell can stay in place for 2019 as long as the interior is redone. I’m still undecided if Shell is the RT going forward. Beachum has a year left on his contract and at the very least is adequate for one more year if need be.

16. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Because there in a rebuild. And since I’m a jets fan I think you need a decade for that so you need as many picks as you can get ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

Lol. At least 10 years. Oakland is praying for someone to jump them for a qb and to push someone down.
    Arizona is praying for someone falls in love with Haskins because they need million picks to get that turned around.

Mr mittens likes this.
  18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum, is that you?

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Free Agency should tell us alot where this team is going in the draft..

Plus, if Bosa and Allen are off the Board on draft day its easy to see a trade down coming. Wherever we end up we need a talented, young OL imo..build from the trenches

But other posters have said that already ..right?

20. mrjet80

Yep.

I say Bosa or Allen at # 3. If they are both gone try to trade down.......I see the Jets getting 2 interior linemen this offseason whether it's the draft or FA. A tackle would depend on a trade down as they're not many options in FA ( except for Brown ). That's when Jonah pops into the conversation imo.