Draft Day Trades

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So if your not worried about the cap hits and thinking the picks likely won't hit, why move them at all? We need some steady vets to help lead this young core moving forward.

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Most drafts are won in the 2nd-5th rounds. This draft seems to have good talent in those rounds. I think if we had more draft picks Mac would trade up for people. Maybe in the fifth but not in the 3rd or 4th. I could see them though trading back in round 3 or 4 to get more picks. Plus seeing what they could get for Powell, possibly a 5th, Kearse if they get a 3rd (won't happen) and a 7th for Hack or Petty (won't happen). Be a fun 3rd and 4th round for us though. I look forward to Sunday learning about our picks and the UDFA.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Was Kearse a locker room cancer? I thought he was a good soldier on and off the field, all the while being reasonable with the cap figure, with decent production to boot. I don't see any logic in moving him. [Or Powell for that matter.] Who will fill the void after his departure? Robby Anderson is not even mature enough, so I don't think he counts. Enunwa is an injury risk, so after that, you have ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen.

And getting Dez Bryant in this group of WRs after moving Kearse is - I'd say, pretty subpar move.

NCJetsfan likes this.