Draft Day Trades

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TurkJetFan, Apr 27, 2018.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Not sure if this belongs in the draft forum, if so move it.

But, do you think we try and make any trades to acquire some more picks?

3 players come to mind for me:
    Bilal
    Kearse
    Skrine

2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Bilal I think so. Not sure if it'll happen but I think he is in the block. Kearse if we get the right return but he's our best receiver so probably not. Skrine yes but too much of a cap hit for the other team so probably not.

3. TurkJetFan

Fair. Skrine deff carries a cap issue.

Kearse was rumored to be a cut candidate not too long ago so who knows. I still can't help but wonder if we make a play for Dez at this point. And if so, Kearse would be gone. In fact the Cowboys could be a good trade partner, who somehow failed to draft Ridley yesterday.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

With us trying to clean up the locker room and Dez wanting to go to a contender I don't see that happening but if we did sign him then yes the Jets would look to trade Kearse.

5. TurkJetFan

What do you mean by clean up the locker room? Not sure what that is in reference to. And Dez can want that, but he also has drawn virtually no interest. If the Jets want him I think they can make a play. I think he'd be a great compliment to Pryor to give Sam all the support he needs.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No. There is absolutely no reason to move on from Powell or Kearse. I would find it hard to believe that there would be any interest in or market for Skrine. I'm not sure that even that many teams would have interest in him as a FA if the Jets were to cut him.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

"please take our high priced mediocre vets so we can get cheaper. younger players"

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

The Jets aren't signing Dez. He's old, probably expensive, and not very good any more. They're trying to change the culture of their team, and Dez isn't the type to help with that. He would work against that culture change.

K'OB likes this.
  9. TurkJetFan

Kearse and Bilal are high priced? Did I miss something?

10. TurkJetFan

Dez reportedly is looking for a prove it deal. He's 29, so he's not old. And what have we cut to change the culture. When have we had a guy with Dez passion. For short term money there is no reason not to do it.

11. NCJetsfan

29 IS old for the NFL. Get real. Some guys can continue playing at a high level, but most lose speed, agility, stamina, and become more injury-prone/brittle.

We got rid of Richardson, Moe and others.

There is plenty of reason NOT to do it. They're still a rebuilding team. They're not going to the playoffs. With the exception of preseason, Darnold probably won't see the field until the end of the season, nor should he, so Dez wouldn't help him one iota.

You just don't get it.

12. TurkJetFan

We got rid of Richardson last season and others last season. That was over a year ago. Dez is not old, and nor is 29. At least not for a WR. Would you like the research to prove that? That is just retarded. And you have absolutely no clue when Darnold will see the field. I know we tend to disagree often, this is no different.

Also when you cite cultural shifts from over a year ago, Dez is actually not a bad locker room guy. That is a huge misconception. Yes he has a strong personality but he is by no means TO. His team mates respected him, and in fact when he broke his foot a couple of years ago he stood in the hall way to greet all of his teammates. He may be firey but he is by no means a cancer.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Guys who are trouble in the locker room. Not only did Wilkerson underperform he was late for meetings and an issue in the lockerroom. Dez is an issue on and off the field. If the Jets were the Packers I'd say go for it. A helpful piece to a Super Bowl run. The Jets are far from that. Dez is older too. Besides McCown the Jets are focusing on 26 year olds coming off their first contract. Many reasons to pass.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  14. TurkJetFan

Dez is an issue on and off the field....How? That is a HUGE misconception on Dez. He is not a locker room issue, never has been.

Sheldon was a cock who go into trouble all over the place. Wilkerson mailed it in. Not comparable to Dez in any way shape or form. We signed Pryor. He's not 26. We offered Suh the most money of all teams. He's certainly not 26 and has a well documented history of being a piece of shit. Dez is seeking short money, so no major commitment but brings polished presence to the group to pair with Pryor (who is also on relatively short money), de-emphasizes the reliance on Anderson, while we see what bubbles up from the back half of the depth chart in the young guys. As it stands we're 1 Anderson incident away from having a really crap WR group for a rookie or young QB. Not good. We need to pad the top of the chart with a vet IMO.

Having Dez/Pryor/Anderson/Enunwa/etc for Darnold is not a bad thing.

#14 TurkJetFan, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Take a look at this. "Dez Rules." Questions in the past, questions currently about who he is living with. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...e-diet-and-why-the-nfl-is-easier-than-college

What about the arguments he got in with Romo. Perfect guy for a young qb and a promosing receiver who seems to be working through his own issues. Yes please lets sign him. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ryant-unhappy-with-tony-romo-in-sideline-spat

16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I just hope passing on Allen doesn’t haunt us for the next 15 years like Marino....

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Compared to 3rd round and later picks? They sure are.

18. TurkJetFan

A WR needy team like the Cowboys may very well want to certainty of Kearse for a 5th or 6th. There is no guarantee on hitting. Same for Bilal to a RB needy team. They don't carry heavy cap hits and are productive, not spectacular players.

19. TurkJetFan

Allen? lol

20. NCJetsfan

Just because we got rid of Richardson and others last season doesn't mean that the cultural change is over. It's still in progress and will be. It's a continual process to maintain that culture as new players are added once it is firmly established, and that culture isn't firmly established yet, because the Jets aren't winners or a playoff level team.

29 is old for football players. They are on the downside of their career. Any research you have is BS.

I could be wrong about Dez's character, but the point is we don't need him. We aren't a playoff team. Darnold probably won't play much this season, so Dez wouldn't help him. If Darnold does play a lot, it's a mistake. He has a LOT he needs to work on and doesn't have much experience playing QB. He needs to sit and learn pressure free. We have young WRs that need to develop and we need cap space for this season as well as additional for next season. There is simply no good reason to add Dez. As usual, we'll simply have to agree to disagree.